Someone you Like

It was an autumn afternoon in Paris. The orange leaves on the trees fell to the ground slowly. People made their way through the busy streets crunching the leaves under foot. While the children played between them. Laughing and giggling with joy as they gathered the leaves in huge stacks before jumping in them.

Inside a coffee shop sat Nathanael Kurtzberg and his friend, Ivan Bruel they sat at a table near the window.

"Nathanael, just do it"

Nathanael glared at Ivan "No way!"

"Why Not? What's the worst thing that could happen?" Ivan asked

"Let's see…she could reject me causing her to hate me and then I'll never ever see her again" Nathanael hissed.

"You overthink too much" Ivan laughed.

"Says the one! Remember before you asked out Mylene" Nathanael said.

Ivan looked guilty for a moment before smiling "Ok so I panicked but didn't things work out for me…I'm sure they'll work out for you too"

He glanced in Lila's direction she was currently sitting in the corner of the coffee shop and was reading a book.

Nathanael noticed she had done her hair in a different style today now she had her long brown hair down while some of it was braided around her head and tied with a red ribbon.

Nathanael blushed she looked so pretty.

"Nathanael! Are you even listening?" Ivan said cutting into Nathanael's thoughts.

"Sorry I was…" He trailed off.

"Staring at Lila, I know" Ivan cut in with a smirk.

"Keep your voice down, She could hear you!" Nathanael hissed. He glared at his friend from across the table.

Ivan rolled his eyes. "Just ask her out already!"

Nathanael flushed, "I can't"

"Why not? It's not like you have never spoken to her before," Ivan said.

Nathanael looked back at Lila. Then Lila looked up and saw that Nathanael was staring at her. His face flushed as they made eye contact. Unsure of what to do he just gave her a small smile and an awkward wave. His heart skipped a beat as she gave him a shy smile back.

Lila looked back down at her book a gentle smile on her lips. Nathanael was so cute. Lila found it adorable how flustered he got when he was near her.

Nathanael turned back to Ivan "Yeah and every time I'm a stuttering and awkward mess! How do you expect me to ask her out?"

"Just relax, Nath, go on as Mylene would always say I believe in you" Ivan smiled.

Nathanael looked back at Lila and then stood up "If she ends up hating me I'll never forgive you," He said with a glare at Ivan.

"Stop stalling and just go!" Ivan laughed.

Nathanael made his way towards Lila before stopping 'There's no way I can do this' he was about to turn around when Lila looked up and saw him a bright smile appeared on her face. 'She saw me! If I turn back now I'll look weird' so despite the nerves he made his way towards her.

"Hey, Nathanael" Lila greeted with a smile.

"Um…hi Lila," Nathanael said.

"So what can I do for you today?" Lila asked, shutting her book and placing it on the table beside her coffee.

"Uh…nothing…actually…No…" Nathanael trailed off silently cursing at himself and his inability to form proper sentences. He sounded like an idiot he knew it.

Lila smiled at him as he awkwardly stood there.

"Nathanael you can sit if you want," she said, gesturing to the seat opposite her.

"Oh! Right. Sitting, yes I should sit" Nathanael said, his face was slowly turning red.

Lila giggled, pushing a lock of brown hair behind her ear. "You're funny, Nathanael"

"Really, No girls said that before," Nathanael said as he blushed. 'Wait did she even mean that in a good maybe she meant it in a bad way' he thought in a panic.

"Really? I find that strange" Lila said.

"Well, it's the truth," Nathanael said.

"If that's the case then, I am honoured to be the first girl to say that to you," Lila said with twinkling eyes.

Nathanael smiled and then he glanced over at Ivan who was watching them. He gave Nathanael an encouraging smile Nathanael glared at him to stop watching, it was hard enough without an audience.

"Everything Okay, Nathanael?" Lila asked before glancing in Ivan's direction as well.

Ivan quickly looked away from them and out the window like the people walking about outside were the most interesting thing he had seen all day.

"Y-yeah everything's great…why shouldn't it be?" Nathanael Chuckled.

"Oh ok…I just thought you looked annoyed" Lila said.

Nathanael shook his head.

A silence fell on the duo. 'I should ask her now…no, I can't' Nathanael looked up his ocean blue eyes locking with Lila's forest green. A blush spread a long his face.

"Lila"

"Nathanael"

Both of them said this at the same time, they looked at each other surprised letting out nervous laughs.

"Sorry, you go first," Lila said.

"No, it's fine…you can go first" Nathanael rubbed the back of his neck nervously.

"Well okay if you insist," Lila said, her face flushed red.

'Wait…is Lila blushing? Lila never blushes'

"I was wondering if you would like to go with me to see this Movie…it's about superheroes and I know you like superheroes so I just thought…you can say no if you don't want to go!" Lila was rambling now her face turning red as Nathanael's namesake hair.

"Lila" Nathanael cut in.

Lila looked at him with bright wide eyes.

Nathanael's face flushed "are you asking me out?"

Lila looked down at the table and started to fiddle with the bracelets around her wrist. She nodded before looking back up at Nathanael "Yes, so um would you?…Like to go out with me I mean" she blushed.

Nathanael smiled "It looks like you beat me to it…I was just about to ask you out"

Lila looked shocked for a moment before a smirk appeared on her face.

"Well, it wasn't hard you were taking that long!" Lila teased. "You know you still haven't given me a yes or No answer"

Nathanael blushed "Yes, I would love to go out with you"

Lila smiled at Nathanael "Great…also Nathanael"

"Yes?" He asked.

"I suggest you go over and tell Ivan what happened I think he's about to die from the suspense" Lila smirked as she looked over at Ivan as did Nathanael.

Ivan looked surprised to see them both looking at him. Nathanael looked back at Lila and she glanced back at him and suddenly they were both laughing. Their laughter filled the coffee shop causing people to look at them, not that they cared.

A/N: Based on the song Someone you like by the girl and the dreamcatcher.