How not to 'Best friend'

You know," Nathanael paused, glancing away from the television screen briefly at the girl who was rummaging through his wardrobe. He frowned when the game controller started vibrating in his hands, only to glance back at the screen and curse at the sight of the hell knight attacking him. "My mom– being the weirdo she is– did buy you pyjamas to wear for when you stayed over." he finished, letting out a puff of breath in relief at being able to take it down without dying.

Glancing over her shoulder Lila shot him a look, "I know, I do wear them."

"No, you wear the bottoms and steal one of my shirts."

Lila rolled her eyes as she pulled out the desired shirt she was looking for before closing the wardrobe doors. "Still, I wear them." she huffed, throwing her blouse at his face as a signal for him to keep his eyes on the screen.

Nathanael growled, throwing the garment off of his head and back in her direction, peeved that she had distracted him from his video game. "Can you not, please and thank you," he grumbled.

"Oh, shut up." she scoffed in reply, pulling the shirt over her head before moving to lay down on the bed next to him. Lila glanced at the screen, to which she believed she did at the wrong time. Nathanael's character had just kicked someone in the back of their leg before snapping their neck. "Couldn't you have been a little more humane?" she stressed, wincing as he continued on his bloody path of destruction.

"This is Doom, I don't think humane is in this games vocabulary. And besides, they're the possessed, I have to kill them. It's a key part of the objective."

"Doom as in that movie Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson was in?"

Nathanael pulled a face, partly at her question, but also at the summoner what had appeared and kept teleporting all over the map. "Yes, that Doom. By the way, Doom was around even before he made that movie, and might I add that movie was terrible."

Lila refrained from rolling her eyes, Despite his somewhat shy personality Nathanael was always the one for games of the bloody kind. She remembers him going missing for nearly two days after Gears of War 3 was released, he played the whole campaign in one go and then crashed for a whole day. And then there was Evil Within, which he once again binge-played until he was done. That time she did, however, visit him during this time, mainly to check that he had eaten, taken a break and took a shower. It was kind of ironic as he didn't care too much for horror movies, yet played a game classified as a survival horror.

"Couldn't you have played something I could have also played?"

"I swear if you suggest Bayonetta," Nathanael side eyed her briefly before averting his eyes back to the television screen. "I will have to fight you. Besides, what's wrong with Doom? You could play it too." Okay, maybe not, especially with the way Lila was cringing at the sight of the gameplay.

Four out of ten, too much blood.

But Nathanael had had enough of Bayonetta as it is, especially with Kim constantly playing it. That and he always had her dressed in the Star Fox outfit — fluffy tail included — which made Nathanael slightly uncomfortable. Then Alix had to go and put ideas in Nath's head by expanding on the fact that their friend enjoyed looking at the costume, assuming that it was Kim was into that kind of thing. Alix’s assumptions, not his! Nathanael felt like he should have been surprised, yet he wasn't.

Then again, no one in his group of friends was normal. He liked to believe in the notion that he was the sanest, alongside Marinette.

"Pokémon battle's don't count for fighting." she quipped, poking Nathanael in his side. That earned her a quick glare for two reasons; one being the fact that she had once again distracted him. The second was her mocking Pokémon. "What's wrong with Bayonetta? Besides, I was going to suggest Wind—"

"No." he instantly cut her off.

"But it's Legend of Zelda!"

"Fuck that game. Fuck it's auctions, fuck the King of Red Lions and fuck those leaf things what look like bad art projects." Nathanael ranted. Somewhere in his eighteen years of living, Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker had wronged Nathanael Kurtzberg. What the game did? Nobody knows.

Lila had to bite on her lower lip to refrain herself from laughing. Nath always got frustrated with that game and she didn't understand why. It's a good game! Plus it's brighter and colourful than the game he was currently playing, the only thing bright in Doom was the blood from the demons and the candles dotted around summoning circles, which were drawn in blood. Of course, what else were you suppose to use for summoning demons from the gates of hell? A Parker pen? Sharpie? Wax crayon, maybe? And why candles? Did the demons suddenly think that the rooms needed ambience? Maybe they were into fancy candles. Part of her mind then wandered to what scent they would prefer, perhaps hell, fire and brimstone? No, too cliche.

"Besides, I let Marinette borrow my Wii U anyway so no Wind Waker for you. " he smirked glancing down at Lila only for the smug look to instantly disappear. She had her head propped up, resting her chin on her hand as she glanced at the screen, unbeknown of Nathanael's staring.

He had seen Lila wear his shirts a numerous amount of times, yet the sight of her in his favourite band shirt just did something for him. But it shouldn't. You're her best friend, dumbass. However despite his mind telling him one thing his eyes decide to wander further down her body. Oh boy, those legs. Why did she have to choose the pyjama shorts? The length of the shirt made it look like she wasn't even wearing anything underneath.

This was one of those days where jeans were a regrettable choice of clothing.

Nathanael propped his one leg up, the one which was closest to Lila, as a means to shield his semi-hard on straining against the dark denim. God, help me if this grows into a full blown erection. This was something Lila didn't need to see.

Well done asshole, you got a boner over something stupid. You're Eighteen years old, yet you're acting like a fourteen year old finding porn for the first time. I know, but can we talk about those legs. How could you think of her in such a way? She's your best friend, dammit! Yeah, but lowkey I'd let her crush my head with those thighs. What the fuck is wrong with you, asshole? Get your head out of the gutter. She is your best friend. Best. Friend. The best of the friends. Fuck that, boy you better throw that controller down, throw them legs over your shoulder and eat her—

"Are you okay?" she asked, eyebrow raised as she glanced up at him. Lila was okay with seeing Nath space out, as he did that all the time, however, she became concerned when he froze up, eyes widening.

Blinking a few times, Nathanael glanced down at her to see her staring up at him with concern. "Yeah, I'm fine." he shrugged her off, hoping that she would buy it. He really needed to change into something more loose fitting, and maybe take a cold shower. She didn't need to know about him wanting to shove his face between her legs. That's not what best friends do.

"Okay?"

"Okay."

"By the way, an ugly demon with too many eyes totally just killed you."

"Fuck!"