The truth

Lila and Nathanael been best friends for a long time, telling each other everything from crushes to nightmares to embarrassing moments and family problems. Well at least they used too, until the new year started and Nathanael suddenly started to ignore and avoid Lila and leaving Lila behind to wonder what ever happened? What had she done wrong?

Whatever had she done to make the cute red headed artist abandon her?

Lila glanced over at Nathanael, She still sat beside him in Miss Bustiers class They barely spoke and if Lila tried to speak to Nathanael, he looked completely uncomfortable, glancing around nervously before running off.

Lila was left to wonder 'Was there something wrong with her?'

When the bell had rung and everyone quickly left in a rush to go to either their Last period class or to their lockers, Lila froze mid-step, her eyes locking on two big burly jocks in a grade above that were a couple lockers away from her. They weren't what caught her attention, the skinnier, slightly shorter redhead that they were pushing around was what had made her pause. "Nathanael!" Lila called from down the hall, as she quickly made her way towards the three of them, she had to get to Nathanael, he was in danger.

Other students in the hallway parted as quickly as they could to let her pass, "Hey! Leave him alone!" Lila angrily shouted at one of the bullies, who turned his attention towards you. "What do you want Liar?" He asked in a snide and rude tone.

Lila rolled her eyes 'that whole liar thing happened a year ago and still people won't let it go'

"Lila don't, I can handle myself..." Nathanael said, he refused to look directly at Lila.

"I said, leave him alone." Lila said, glaring up at the bully and ignoring Nathanael's words.

"And if I don't want to?" The bully said, a small smirk making its way onto his face.

"Then I'll make you pay for hurting him!" The Italian growled.

Both bullies laughed and let go of Nathanael, pushing him away and taking a step closer towards Lila.

Lila stood tall as they approached she glared viciously at them 'at least with their attention on me they won't hurt nath' she thought.

"You wouldn't dare." Said the other bully.

"Try me." Lila said and as soon as she said it her fist connected with his face.

As soon as Lila pulled her fist back, She was roughly slammed against the lockers by the other, "You little brat." Said the guy she had just punched, his nose was trickling a thin line of blood down onto his upper lip as he glared at her. "I'll break that pretty face of yours, what will you do then?" He growled, "Hey just leave her alone, it's not worth it guys!" Nathanael tried to reason with them, but he was a little too late.

His words were in vain, by the time he had finished his sentence, the guy Lila had punched in the face had retaliated, punching her hard in the face. Lila let out a small yelp of pain, he had hit the side of her face. Lila winced from pain and the thought that there was going to ba nasty bruise left soon.

"Hey it's the principal! We gotta run!" The other bully said, stepping back and grabbing his friend by the arm before booking it down the hallway towards the doors. "Lila!" Nathanael said, putting his hands on your shoulders and staring into your eyes, "You're such an idiot, why did you have to come in trying to play the hero??" He shouted, panicked.

"I wasn't going to let them hurt you." Lila said.

"Lila..." Nathanael said, looking you over for a moment before pulling you into a tight embrace.

"Nathanael?" she asked confused, he hadn't said more than a few words to her in so long, let alone hugged her. She loosely returned the hug, "Are you okay?" Lila asked, she pulled away from the hug and pushed his bang of vibrant red hair out of the way to look into his seafoam coloured eyes.

"No..." Nathanael mumbled, "I'm sorry for everything, I'm sorry for suddenly ditching you, I'm sorry you were hurt because of me...I'm sorry Lila." He said as he looked away from the Italian girl.

"I've been a huge jerk to you, and it's okay if you don't want to forgive me because I-" He began but was cut off by Lila's lips, she gently pressed her lips to his in a soft sweet kiss before pulling away.

Nathanael stood, shocked and stunned by her actions as Lila let out a quiet giggle, "You don't need to apologize, Nathy I was never mad at you or anything, I was a little upset but it's okay now." Lila said, reaching up and placing a hand on his cheek which was crimson red with a blush.

"I-You....We....I...What..?" He said unable to form a complete sentence anymore.

"Nathanael, I love you, I've loved you for a long time, and then when you started ignoring and avoiding me...it really hurt, I thought I had lost you forever...and I couldn't bare to lose you." Lila said, shifting her gaze from Nathanael to the floor, slightly embarrassed to finally be telling the truth to him, a light shade of pink appeared on her face dusting her cheeks.

His eyes widened, he was quiet for a moment before he began to chuckle, "Hey don't laugh at me!" Lila said, hitting him lightly in the chest while pulling away, only to be pulled back into another hug from him.

"I'm laughing because I love you too, I didn't think you would ever feel the same way, why would you? you're so Smart and talented and pretty"

Lila felt her blush darken at his words.

"so I decided to distance myself in hopes of maybe forgetting all about my crush on you...Although it didn't work at all." Nathanael said, a wide grin spreading across his face.

"You....Love me too?" Lila asked, frozen.

"Yes, I love you Lila." He said as he leaned forward and placed a small kiss on her cheek, increasing the colour of her blush.

Lila smiled, a real true smile, a smile that could brighten anyone's day, one she hadn't smiled in so long.

"I'm sorry I've been such an idiot" Nathanael said sheepishly.

"You have been an Idiot,Tomato!" Lila said as she glared at him. Then a smirk made its way onto her face "Its a good thing that's one of the reasons I love you" Lila said before snaking her arms around his neck and pulling him closer to her, Nathanael gently wrapped his arms around Lila's waist and smiled down at her, his red hair falling in front of his face like it always did.

Lila leaned forward a bit and kissed him, Nathanael pauses for only a moment a bit shocked before finally kissing her back. When the two of them pull away, it's only because they need the much loved oxygen, even then Lila continues to lightly peck his lips before moving on to kiss his cheeks, his forehead, and then his lips once more.

Nathanael chuckles and gives Lila the same treatment she just gave him, "So does this mean we're together now?" Lila asks,a small smirk on her face.

Nathanael grins, "Lila will you be my girlfriend?" He asks, answering her question with a question of his own, causing Lila to giggle slightly.

"Hmm. Let me think about it." Lila said in fake pondering.

"Lila!" Nathanael laughed.

Lila laughed. "Of course, I would love to be your girlfriend" she said finally answering. Then she pulled away from him.

Nathanael gently takes her hand, "Now we should probably get to class now." He says.

"We're already really late, we might as well skip." Lila said, Smirking as she pulls him towards the doors and outside.

"Wow you're such a bad influence, Lila!" He teases, but follows without complaint.

Lila raises an eyebrow at him, "Really Nath? Really?" She giggles, and soon their both laughing and enjoying the moment like things used to be.