In the Rain

The Sky was dark as the rain fell down on the streets of Paris. Hitting off buildings and trickling down gutters.

Lila sighed as she stared up at the cloud-covered sky. It appeared the city had joined her in her misery. She knew she shouldn't be pitying herself after all her father always warned her off such a thing but she wasn't in the mood to follow his advice. It wasn't like it did her any good, look at the mess she was in now. The whole school hated her! For what?

So she told a few white lies it wasn't her fault they were all so gullible she sighed to herself again. No, I was wrong even if I only wanted them to like me. Now I'll have to go back home and listen to my father go on about how I've disappointed him yet again like this day couldn't get any worse! She thought bitterly kicking a stray soda can angrily.

"Um...Lila you ok"

she broke from her thoughts to glance up at the person beside her. She noticed the scarlet hair "Oh Nathanael... Right?" she had been too busy trying to get close to Adrien and all the other popular student's to remember everyone's names. She deeply regretted that now.

But she remembered that him and his two friends, a tall raven-haired girl and small blonde that reminded Lila of a fairy were probably the only three that hadn't joined in on the whispering and gossiping about her.

Nathanael glanced at the ground shyly "Yeah, that's my name" he looked back up at her "Are you ok?" he questioned again.

Are you ok? He's probably the first person to ask me that in a long time she thought sadly. But he doesn't want to hear my troubles...nobody does "Yeah I'm just waiting for the rain to stop"

"same as me then" he smiled

Nathanael turned to look at Lila who was looking out across the street sadly "Can I ask a question"

"You can ask doesn't mean I'll answer it" She replied bluntly not really in the mood for small talk.

"Ok" Nathanael chuckled anxiously. Lila definitely wasn't like any of the other girls in the class he thought.

"Well I was just wondering why you didn't like ladybug," He asked.

Lila glared at him "Why are you asking that!?"

"A-ah I just s-saw you and Chloe a-arguing about it" he stuttered.

Lila sighed "She's just awful that's all" "Well there must be more of a reason than that" Nathanael asked gently.

"You're just another ladybug fanboy aren't you!" Lila growled

"I'm not a fanboy, she just saved me once and I thought she wasn't that bad" Nathanael mumbled shyly

"No one believes me when I say she is the worst! And I'm telling the truth...for once" Lila commented sadly.

"I believe you"

Lila looked up to meet Nathanael's gaze. She blushed she had never noticed before but his eyes were seriously blue - full on Ocean blue. She felt like he could stare into her soul with eyes like that.

Lila gulped zoning quickly back into reality "No you don't"

"I do, I know what it's like to blindly idolize someone just to realize that they aren't as nice as you thought they were" he paused and looked away as if contemplating something then turned back to Lila and smiled "You probably have a good reason to say she's the worst...right?"

"Yeah, you could say that" Lila commented crossing her arms and shivering as a rough wind blew tossing her hair into her face. She brushed the hair out of her face.

"You cold?" He asked,

"No of course not!" She lied pridefully.

She turned to noticed Nathanael taking off his coat "What are you doing?" She asked.

"Here," he said putting the coat around her shoulders.

"Huh?" Lila grabbed the coat around her stopping it from slipping off. "Aren't you cold?"

"No" Nathanael commented as he shivered.

"Your trembling" Lila pointed out

"No, I'm not" Nathanael grumbled looking away.

He's so kind she thought as her cheeks turned pink. A silence developed between them. She looked up at Nathanaël her green eyes locked with his blue eyes. It was like the ocean coming up to meet the palm trees but just as quickly as they met they both broke away again. A deep red blush covering both their faces.

"Oh! look the rain is stopping" Nathanael said breaking the silence between them.

"What!? But It just got worse!" Lila exclaimed looking up at him in shock. Nathanael ignored her walking on through puddles as the rain fell down on him catching on his hair and soaking his clothing.

"See you in class tomorrow" he shouted back with a wave. Lila watched him walked off a smile found its way on her face. She giggled to herself he was definitely a strange boy but for some reason, she liked that. Her cheeks turned a pretty dusty pink.

----------

Nathanael sneezed into another tissue 'eugh' he hated having a cold he thought pitifully as he wrapped the blanket around him tighter.

"But I was so cool," he said out loud to himself thinking back to giving Lila his coat he blushed. Even though his mum had complained when he had walked into the apartment soaking wet and then went into her overprotective mode when he had started to have the slightest little cough and sneeze. Yeah, it had been totally worth it! Hopefully, Lila thought he was Cool too!

------------

This is kind of based on IvChan15 comic you can find her on Instagram their art is super cute! Anyway, I hoped you like it even though it's short :( and I don't know what else to say because I have bad social skills...