Chapter 5

**********Ten years later.************

Allen firmly held his fiancés hand as he rang the doorbell of his parents massive house. Clara sighed her anxiety away before the door opened. The couple placed fake smiles on their faces before the door opened. They were greeted by Anderson the butler, "Master Allen! It is so good to see you, and this must be Miss Clara." Clara tilted her head and did a slight curtsy, "Please do come in."

Allen entered a bustling house with staff running in all different directions. The excitement was over Allen's welcome home party. Allen beamed when he saw his beautiful very pregnant mother waddle down the stairs. She was directing the staff on their task. She paused as she saw her son at the foot of the stairs, "Hello son." She kissed him on the cheek as she hugged him. "There is my sweet boy."
Allen squeezed his mother tight. As he released her he reached for Clara, "Mother I want you to met my future wife. This is Clara." Vivian smiled and kissed both cheeks of her future daughter in law. Allen wrinkled his brow as he continued, "Mother you should have not gone through all this trouble. You should be resting."

Vivian discarded his remark with a wave of her hand. "Nonsense, it's not everyday something like this happens."
Allen took in his old surroundings as the two women chattered, he then heard his mother say there would be staying in the main house. "What about the guest house mother?"

Vivian chuckled, "Oh, that's Lilly's private quarters. The doctor suggested it would be better for her nerves. You know how crazy the excitement in this house can get."

Clara spoke up, "Her nerves, is she crazy?"

Vivian's warm smile disappeared, "No dear, she's not crazy. She can't handle surprises that's all. Now I'll show you to your rooms."

Clara was confused again, "I'm sorry, rooms?"

Vivian turn a stern face to Clara, "Correct me if I'm wrong dear, but your not married to my son yet. So don't dishonor the family with late night romping. Is that clear?"

Clara held down her head, "Yes ma'am."

Vivian smirked, "Good girl."

A few hours later Allen was desperately searching for his mother. He found her in the main foyer completing the arrangements for tonight, "Mother can you please assist me with this tie?"

Vivian continued walking around with her task, "I'm sorry dear, but go find Lilly, she ties your fathers ties all the time."

Allen huffed as he walked away. He made his way to the guest cottage through the garden. When he turned the corner he spotted a young lady cutting fresh tea roses. He nervously cleared his throat, "Excuse me miss." Lilly turned to the man's voice and smiled. Allen continued to walk to the young beauty.

She had beautiful tan skin, brown long hair and blue eyes

She had beautiful tan skin, brown long hair and blue eyes. "Yes, can I help you?"

Allen slightly smiled, "I'm sorry to bother you, but I was looking for Lilly. I need her to fix my tie."

Lilly smirked when she realized he didn't recognize her, "I can help with that if you like." Lilly stepped closer and started with her task.

Allen gazed down at her as he watched, he smirked when he noticed she slightly stuck her tongue out to the side of her lips as she concentrated. " Thank you for helping me. My fiancé has not learned this task, maybe she should take lessons from you."

Lilly looked up and smiled, "Of course. I'll be happy to teach her."

Allen caught himself staring at the beauty, but snapped out his trance as he spoke. "Oh your breast pocket is empty. Do you have a handkerchief for it?" Allen slightly shook his head. Lilly bit her bottom lip as she thought, "Oh here. "She retrieved a small tea rose and wrapped the bottom with ribbon and secured it with a pin.
Allen's smile faded as he notice finger bruises on her tiny wrist as she pinned it to him. Lilly did a double take as she glanced up while securing it, "What's wrong? Do you not like it?"

Allen clenched his jaw and thought to himself as he remembered what his uncle taught him, "Protect the weak. One day we will all be in their place." Allen lightly pulled her hand down and lifted her sleeve. His eyes then turned to her.

Lilly looked down as she pulled it away. "Is there anything else I can help you with Allen?"

Allen tilted his head in confusion, "How do you know my name?"

Just as Lilly was about to speak the two turned to Vivian's voice,  "Lilly, there you are. Caleb here was looking for you."

Lilly sulked back and looked down as Caleb glared at the two

Lilly sulked back and looked down as Caleb glared at the two. Allen had his fist balled up ready to strike. By the way Lilly acted, Caleb was standing too close to his pregnant mother.

Caleb turned to Vivian and peeked her on the cheek, "Thank you Mrs. Dessserio."

Vivian beamed, "Your welcome dear. Allen, Clara is looking for you. Come dear."

Allen turned to a silent Lilly, "Why didn't you tell me?"

Lilly tried to push out the words but was cut off by Caleb. "Lilly, now don't hold him up. It's not nice to hinder a man from his task. Right Allen?" Caleb then looked to Allen's cold face and winked at him.

Allen took a step towards him but stopped when he heard his mother calling him. He turned away from the couple and didn't look back. He quietly thought to himself, "Good thing you didn't hit him. You would have not been able to stop."

As soon as Vivian and Allen turned to corner, Lilly was shoved to ground by Caleb. "What the hell do you think your doing? Trying to make a fool outa me?"
Lilly held up her hand in defense as he hovered over her. "Get up. I'm not going to hit you right now, but if I catch you looking at any other guy, I'll strangle you with my bare hands."
Caleb adjusted his tie, "I'll see you tonight. Remember what I said." Lilly watched as he strutted away while she cried.

Vivian could see tension in Allen's jaw line as they walked, "What's the matter?"

Allen snapped out of his thought, "Oh, I didn't recognize Lilly. I thought she was part of the staff."

Vivian smiled as she looked straight ahead, "She is a beauty, isn't she? Your father was so protective over her he sent her the the all girl catholic school."

Allen pressed for more information, "How did she meet Caleb Veronie?

"He was a friend of your brothers, he was very persistent with courting her, but your father never let her leave the house with him, especially since she has just turned eighteen. Why do you ask?"

Allen looked straight ahead as he spoke, "Curiosity is all mother."

Vivian smiled as she patted his arm as they walked.