Chapter 40

"Where do you think your going?" Allen startled Lilly as he caught her leaving out the foyer.

She turned to face him, "I have a doctors appointment."

Allen cocked a questionable look, "What doctor?"

Lilly rolled her eyes as she signed, "The heart doctor."

"You want me to come with?" Allen pulled her closer.

Lilly shyly looked down as she swirled her fingertip in his chest.

He leaned in and kissed her forehead, "Alright, but be careful. Just because we haven't seen Olivia, doesn't mean she's gone."

Lilly continued to look down as she nodded.

Lilly was anxious to see how much progress she had made with her heart training.

The doctor came in beaming as she read her eco results, "Well Miss Chase. The good news is that your heart is getting stronger, but I can't guarantee that you will still be able to have children. Maybe in another two years."

Lilly was starting to panic in her mind, "Two years! Oh no! Allen is already thirty. Even though he said he didn't care about children, I know he will want them."

Lilly started to hyperventilate, "Miss Chase! Are you..?"

Lilly's eyes rolled back into her head as she passed out.

Lilly finally came to while still in the doctors office. The nurse informed her doctor that she was awake.

"So, do these attacks happen often?"
The doctor crossed her arms as she waited for an answer.

Lilly texted on her phone, "Only when I feel weak or when I fail at something."

"Miss Chase, you haven't failed. You have made great progress with your last prognosis."

Lilly rolled her eyes as she eased off of the table. She left without looking at anyone. She was in a daze as she walked out to the busy city street. She didn't feel like going home yet. As she walked she passed by one of Allen's favorite restaurants. She smiled as she walked up to the window and looked inside to the table that they usually reserved. Her smile quickly disappeared as she saw Allen sitting with with not one but two beautiful flirtatious women. He seemed excited and bubbly as he talked to the eager women. She stood and stared as she watched them talk.

One of them shot a questionable look to her as she noticed Lilly. "Um, do any of you know the weirdo that's been staring for the last ten minutes?"

"What?" Allen turned his handsome smile to the window. His heart raced as he saw Lilly on the other side of the glass with pain on her face. She turned and walked away.

"No!" Allen bolted from the table as he pushed through the crowded restaurant. His Italian shoes clicked against the pavement as he ran down the sidewalk. He watched as Lilly was crossing at a cross walk, a car swerved and stopped in her path. Lilly froze as two men jumped from the SUV and pulled her in. She didn't fight, she didn't struggle. Why would she, when she had no reason to live?