Chapter 39

Lilly tried to catch her breath as she laid beside Allen. He was tracing circles on her bare shoulder as he propped himself up in his elbow. Lilly shivered from the sensation.

"Lilly."

Lilly turned to Allen with her raised eyebrows.

"Marry me." Allen had pleading eyes as he asked.

Lilly held her breath as she considered his proposal. She finally exhaled with a question of her own, "Are you sure you want a weak wife. You can out live me by twenty to thirty years. Are you sure you want that?"

"I would rather have all of you for a short time, then a lifetime of loneliness. You are my best friend. The only woman to make me laugh with them, instead of at them. That's not an easy feat you know." He was now showing his devilish smile.

"It's not that hard Allen." Lilly was smiling as she signed.

"No, not for you, because you really love me. You never used me or asked anything from me. You understand me. Please don't make me go on without you."

Lilly's defense melted as she nodded yes.

Allen had surprised tears in his eyes, "You will? You really will marry me?"

Lilly nodded again as he pulled her to a kiss.

Later that afternoon, the couple met with Marcus about the situation with Luciano's ex wife.

Marcus hung his head as he leaned against his desk, "I guess your are wondering how I know his wife."

The couple sat in silence.

"Olivia and I were having an affair before I met your mother. Olivia had married Luciano out of a business deal, but he never loved her like he loved your mother Lilly. We had met at a club and enjoyed each other's company, but when I met your beautiful crazy mother; I couldn't think of anyone else. When I met her for the last time, I realized how dangerous she really was. When she told Luciano that I had forced her to have an affair , she talked him into a hit on Vivian before we were even married. Your mother had no idea of us being pass lovers before this. I went to Luciano to tell him the truth, that it was mutual. He gave me a pass and threw her out later after she hired a hit on Lilly's mother."

Allen's face was cold, "How could you?"

Marcus looked up to his son, "I was young and foolish."

"Our mother, your wife is now dead because you couldn't keep your dick in your pants!" Allen had stood as he yelled.

Marcus strolled up to his sons face, "And how many women have you been with? Hmm? None of them were unhappily married? Or maybe they lied to you? You're not a saint. I know I fucked up Allen! And everyday I see her on the morgue table, cold, lifeless, gone. If I could, I would take it all back. I loved her so much, if I had known this would have happened, I would have kept on walking the day I saw her. Just to know she would later be safe. I loved her that much!" Marcus was shaking with angry tears.

Allen shallowed his tears to hold them in check. Lilly eased off of her chair and stood in front of Marcus. She slowly leaned in and hugged him as he sobbed. Allen couldn't hold his sadness anymore as he left the office. He sat in the parlor in the darkness as he cried alone.

After tucking her exhausted father in, she walked through the massive dark house. She walked pass her room and noticed Allen was already asleep. She continued to walk alone in the dark so she could think, "Its all her fault. Her mother was dead, her real father and now the only real mother she ever had. Olivia did it all." She knew she would be next; or worse, she could kill Allen, Marcus and Chloe. This made her stomach turn with anger. Olivia would not stop until she was finished with them all. "I have to end this." Lilly calmly thought to herself. Now it was time for Olivia to have a prince on her head. One that only could be paid with vengeance.