Chapter 9

Lilly entered the breakfast room, gave her mother and father a kiss on the cheek and took her seat. Vivian smiled proudly at her daughter, "Lilly you look lovely dear."

Lilly's eyes slowly turned to Clara as she snickered, "I'm quite amazed that you are brave to show your face. I would just be mortified about what happened last night." Clara then took a sip of her mimosa.

Lilly nervously laughed but kept her eyes on Clara, "Ya know, my father told me to put people in their place if they teased me about last night, but that would be very difficult for me to do, since it concerns you."

Clara put down her glass, "Mmm.. And why is that dear?"

"I don't think I'm strong enough to get your fat hips down the garbage disposal."

Marcus started to cough and choke at Lilly's response. Vivian started to slap him on the back repeatedly , "Smaller bites Marcus, here drink."

Marcus took a sip from his glass and looked at Lilly, "Did I say that?"

Clara growled and looked to Allen that had his eyes closed from chuckling. She shoved away from the table and stormed out. Lilly looked to Allen, "I'm sorry Allen. I shouldn't have."

Allen put his hand up to stop her, "She deserved it. Don't worry." Lilly quietly nodded and continued with breakfast without saying another word.

Allen knocked on Clara's door, "Clara, the car is waiting down stairs." Allen slowly open the door to see Clara crying on the bed. He slowly strutted and stood in front of her.

Clara looked up with red eyes, "How could you? Laugh at her cruelty towards me?"

Allen rolled his eyes, "Please, it's not like you didn't start it. Don't dish it out if you can't take it."

Clara's jaw dropped as she stood, Allen felt the sting of her hand across his face. "I play by my rules, I'm not going to just sit there and let some little unwanted bitch talk to me like that again."

Allen rubbed his face and smirked, "Like I said the car is waiting downstairs."

Clara gasped as Allen grasped her arm and ushered her down the stairs. "Allen? Let's talk about this.."

Allen rushed pass his family as they stood and watch him push her into the car. He slammed the door shut before she could say anything. Allen then leaned down to the window and mouthed, "I'll call you." He tapped the cars top three times to let the driver know it was time to leave.

Lilly stood on the main patio as she watched the scene play out. She felt sad  and guilt for Allen's unhappiness. 

The next couple of days, Allen did not see Lilly, he could hear her sometimes in the main house, but it seemed as soon as he was going where he heard her voice, he had just missed her. He finally caught her on the staircase leading to her cottage, "There you are."

Lilly slightly jumped as she held her chest. "Oh my .."

Allen's had concern, "I'm so sorry Lilly, is your heart ok? Can you breathe?"

Lilly had curiosity written all over her face, "Are you teasing me?"

Allen quickly shook his head, "No! I startled you. I didn't want to make you ill."