Chapter 42

Lilly swam in a sea of warmth. She thought to herself, "I never want to leave." She smirked as her head wobbled and her eyes rolled to side to side.

Olivia watched her on a security monitor as Lilly rode her high. She smirked as she heard Roman enter her office, "You know they will find her soon."

"Yes, well. That's the plan right? We finish them and we take over?" She crossed her arms as she turned to face him.

Roman frowned as he approached the screen. "You said I could have her once they were dead! This was not part of the plan!"

"Ha! I'm keeping my promise, but you didn't say alive or unharmed. I'm pretty sure necrophilia is not what you had in mind, but don't worry; I won't judge."

Roman grabbed Olivia by the throat, "How much did you give her?"

Olivia pried his hand from her throat, "Don't worry lover boy, just enough for those pricks to worry and come save her, but let's hope her heart holds out. Hmm?"

Roman stood silent as he turned his eyes back to the screen. He noticed Lilly's face was slightly frowning as she had her eyes closed. Olivia walked up behind him as she spoke, "Ah, see there. Looks like Dorothy will be in Kansas soon."

Roman's face showed sympathy as he watched her. "Sweet Lilly." , he thought.

Lilly was walking down a hospital corridor. She could feel the coldness of the tile on her bare feet, her fingers felt the side of the wall as she grazed her hands as she walked. At the end was the hospitals nursery. Staring into the window was Vivian. Lilly tilted her head as she walked up to her. "Mother?"

Vivian turned and smiled, "Oh Lilly they're beautiful."

Lilly shook her head, "Who's beautiful?"

"Why, your children of course. See for yourself." Vivian turned and pointed into the window.

Lilly stared in amazement as she saw a infant boy and girl swaddled in front of her view with the last name "Desserio" on the name card. She smiled as she leaned closer and touched the glass with her fingertips.

"I didn't know I had twins?" She turned to a sad Vivian. "Mother? What's wrong?"

"You have to go back now." Vivian lips quivered as she spoke.

"No! I don't want to go back. I'm not leaving you. Or them?" Her face turned to shock as she turned back to the nursery but the children had disappeared. She slammed her palm to glass as her eyes frantically searched. "Where... where are my children?!"

She turned back to Vivian, "You have to go, before it's too late. Go and live, my sweet Lilly."

"Mother?" Lilly reached out to touch her, but the room stretched quickly and she was in a dark hallway. She could hear growling getting closer. Her eyes widened with terror. Out of a cloud of smoke, a large hand reached for her.

She could hear Vivian, but not see her, "Run Lilly! Run to the light

She could hear Vivian, but not see her, "Run Lilly! Run to the light."

Lilly's bare feet squeaked as she turned and ran away from the massive hand. Everything was in slow motion as she made her way to the only light she could see.

Marcus puffed his cigarette as it hung from the side of his mouth, "Keep it coming. Yeah right there. Perfect." He strutted to his armed bullet proof SUV and sat behind the wheel. He looked over to Allen as he nervously bounced his leg. "Uh, you alright son?"

Allen exhaled loudly, "Sure... Fuck no! Do we have to do it this way? What if we crash into her or something?"

Marcus stared at Allen with a blank face, "Nut up and buckle up son."

Allen exhaled loudly again as he buckled and whispered , "Shit.. shit.." Marcus fluttered his fingers as he tightens his grip on the wheel while reaving the engine. Both men are jerked back as Marcus slammed his foot on the gas peddle. "Sssshhhiiittt!!" Allen yelled. Marcus was cackling at his sons distress as the hit the ramp of a rollback. They held their breath as they flew through the air. Allen closed his eyes before they hit the brick of the warehouse and smashed through.

Marcus gritted his teeth as he smiled when he spotted Olivia right in the path of his SUV wrecking ball. Olivia pulled her pistol in shock as she planted her feet and aimed at the windshield. As soon as the car bounced onto the ground, Marcus roared as he floored the pedal again and hit Olivia as she shot at the windshield. She briefly screamed as he hit her square in the middle of her chest and crushed her between the wall and the vehicle. Her upper half laid on the hood with her eyes wide open. She twitched as the life left her broken body.

Allen heaved and smiled as he saw Olivia in this state. He then had only one thing on his mind, "Find Lilly."

Both men turned and watched as their men entered into the massive hole they created. They overtook Olivia's small crew easily and secured the area. As Marcus eased from the car he stepped on something squishy. He cringed as he looked down and spotted half of Roman face under his front tire.

Allen took off in search for Lilly as he prayed that he wasn't too late.