Chapter 23

Allen watched as his father paced back and forth in front of his desk, "How did you find out that Luciano had Lilly?"

Allen shrugged, "I called in a favor with the police. I watched for pharmacy hold ups since she would need her meds."

Marcus smirked at his protege, "Smart boy."

Allen smiled until he received a text from Donte, an informant Allen had placed at Luciano's house. "They called an ambulance for Lilly. She was unconscious as they rolled her out of the house."

Marcus was shocked when he saw his son dash from his office, "Allen?!"

Allen didn't stop, he reached the closest car in the drive way and told the driver to floor it. He tapped his fingertips on his lips as he anxiously waited for their arrival. He calmly strolled to the hospitals front desk, "Hello beautiful."

The young woman was taken back by the handsome stranger, "Can.. (clears throat) Can I help you?"

Allen smiled a devilish smile, "I'm sure you can, my cousin Lillian Chase is here. I received an alarming call that she was ill. Can you tell me what floor?"

The young woman blushed, "Well.. I don't know if I can. It's supposed to close family only."

Allen bit his bottom lip, "Oh but we are close. Practically kissing cousins, ever had one?"

The clerk was getting flushed, "Um, well no.,"

Allen leaned back, "Mm.. pity. So you gonna help me out?"

The clerk shyly tucked a strained of hair behind her ear, " Fifth floor, room 506."

Allen tilted his head as he smiled, "Thanks, your a sweet heart."
As he turned away his face grew cold as he popped his neck. He quickly made his way to the the fifth floor. He gracefully walked pass Lilly's door without stopping but peeked in as he did. Allen felt sick seeing her unconscious as She had machines all around her. In the corner of his eye he could see Luciano distraught as he sat next to her. Allen paused a few steps from the doorway. He took a deep breath and turned back and entered the room, "Mr. Luciano sir."

Luciano raised his sad face, "Yes?"

Allen eased closer, "I'm Allen Desserio, Lillian is my.."

Luciano held his hand up, "Don't say sister, she was never your family's."

Allen swallowed the lump in his throat, "No sir. I was going to say Lillian is my... Well.. I'm in love with her sir."

Luciano sat up straight as he studied Allen, "You've got some balls telling me this. You're Marcus's oldest, the one they sent away."

Allen hung his head, "Yes sir."

"Why are you here boy?"

Allen looked to him, "I told you why. I truly love her. I would rather die than anything happen to her."

"Well, you could die. It could be arranged." Luciano turned back to Lilly.

Allen took a deep breath, "Yes sir, but I couldn't just sit by and not tell her before it was too late."

Luciano leaned down as he hung his head as he rubbed his temple, "Too late.."

Allen pleaded, "May I please know what the doctor said?"

Luciano kept his head down, "I can't believe I'm telling you this, but she intentionally skipped her medicine. She had a silent heart attack. The doctor thinks she will pull through but the damage will take longer for her to heal. If it can."

Allen slowly walked to Lilly's bed side. He spoke without looking away, "May I touch her hand."

Luciano nodded as he studied Allen's actions. Allen placed her little hand in his and kissed it. Luciano had silent tears easing down his cheeks as he realized what a terrible mistake he had made.