Chapter 10

The next morning, Allen had a meeting with Anderson the butler, "I'll be leaving shortly Anderson.  While I'm gone I want you to keep a close eye on Miss Lilly."

Anderson smiled at the task, "Of course sir."

That morning, Lilly entered a quiet main house. She found her mother crying in her bedroom. Lilly eased down next to her. Vivian patted her hand, "I'm alright dear. Allen left this morning for Italy. Said he had business to take care of, but he would be back in time for the arrival of the baby" Lilly sadly nodded, kissed her mothers cheek and took her leave. Lilly slowly walked back to her cottage with a heavy heart. She knew why he went back. It was because of her. She was so deep in thought that she didn't realize the cottage door was unlocked when she returned.

She jumped when she heard a familiar voice, "Did ya miss me?"

The family took their seats in the breakfast room, the only person missing was Lilly. Vivian was puzzled, "Anderson, did Lilly inform you of her absence for breakfast?"

Anderson remembered what Allen had told him, "No, ma'am. I will go and check on her." Anderson kept his composure until he was out of sight. He took off in a sprint for the guest cottage.

Caleb smirked as his hands squeezed Lilly's throat. She was placing scratches down his face as she turned blue. Lilly then felt a pop in her throat and unbearable pain. "I told you, didn't I? If I saw you look at another man, I would strangle you with my bare hands." Lilly slowly lost conscience as her lids drifted close.

Anderson had snuck up behind Caleb and struck him over the back of his head with a silver candle stick. Caleb was knocked out cold. Anderson grabbed Lilly's house phone and called security as he checked her breathing. She was alive, but she wouldn't wake up until late the next day.

Allen slowly opened his penthouse door. He could hear Clara's voice mixed with a males. Allen peeked his head in his bathroom and saw Mark pounding Clara from behind in his glass shower. The couple was so preoccupied with their lovemaking, they didn't notice Allen until he flushed the toilet. Clara screamed as cold water hit her. That's when she noticed Allen standing in the bathroom with his arms crossed. "I'll be in the bedroom, waiting for you both. "

Clara noticed Allen had taken all of the towels as he strutted out. She rolled her eyes as she heard Mark speak, "He's going to fucking kill me! You said he wouldn't be home yet you stupid bitch!"

Allen chuckled as he sat on the bed while listening to their conversation, "Come on out! Or I'll come in. You don't want that."

Mark covered his front nudity with his hands as Clara hid behind him. "What are you going to do to us?"

Allen pulled his revolver from his back and pointed it at Mark and spoke in an unamused bored tone, "Hands up. "

Mark was shaking, "Wwwwhhaat..? Listen man, she told me you two were through."

Allen tilted his head sideways, "But yet here you are fucking this slut in my shower? Don't sound like we were through does it? I said fucking hands up."

Mark slowly eased his shaking hands up. Allen took aim and shot between his legs. "Oh shit! You fucking shot my dick! Fuck! I think I'm going to be sick!"

Clara stood shaking with her hands up, "Allen, please don't kill me!"

Allen kept his aim on her and raised his phone with another and started to film her, "Repeat after me. My names is Clara James and I'm a filthy whore."

Clara was still shaking, "What!"

Allen screamed, "Do it!" His tone changed back to normal, "Please."

Clara sobbed, "I'm Clara James and I'm a filthy whore."

Allen smirked, "Yes. Yes you are." He stopped his filming and sped dial his cleaner, "Yeah, there's two of them. Five minutes? Ok. See you then."
Clara sank to her knees as Allen laughed a sadistic laugh.

Lilly's eyes slowly eased open. She noticed she was in the hospital. Her eyes looked to the left and then the right. She tried to swallow, but was finding it difficult. She tried to set up but her neck-brace made it impossible. Her mother noticed Lilly's movement in the corner of her eye. "Lilly. Marcus! She's awake!"

Lilly's father rushed in from the hall to her bedside. "There's our girl."

Lilly had tears in her eyes as she tried to talk. No noise came out. She tried again. She was starting to panic until her mother spoke, "Lilly, calm down. The doctor said your voice is limited for  now. I'm going to ask you some questions and you can blink once for yes and twice for no. Are you in pain?"
Lilly blinked once, "Is it your throat?"
Lilly blinked once again. Vivian paged the nurse for more medication. Lilly's eyes drifted closed again as she welcomed sleep.

After a week in the hospital, Lilly was allowed to remove her neck brace. Her eyes were still bloodshot from the blood-vessels popping, but they were still dilating correctly as the doctor flashed a light in front of them. He had her slowly turn her head from side to side without any unbearable pain. The examination was going as planned until he asked her to speak. "Repeat after me. Hi. My name is Lilly."

Lilly pressed her eyes closed as she tried to push the words out. Only a faint whisper came. The doctor coughed, "Again." Lilly pressed her eyes closed again and tried but the same result came. The doctor sighed and turned to her parents, "May I have a word. "  Vivian and Marcus went outside the door and listened to the doctor, "Lilly going to have to have extensive speech therapy. Her voice may come back, but when I examined her neck x-rays her larynx had been slightly damaged."

Vivian closed her eyes in disbelief, "So she may never speak again?" The doctor sadly nodded. "Should we tell her now?"

The doctor shook his head, "Let's give her time and see if it will heal. She has been through so much trauma, I don't want to set her back." Vivian and Marcus both agreed. Lilly was back home within three days. Her outlook perked up as she helped her mother prepare for her new arrival.