Chapter 37

Marcus waited quietly at the bottom of the stairs. He smiled up to Lilly as she stepped down to the foyer. "You look lovely."

Lilly smiled as he pecked her on the cheek.

Her smile faded as she watched Allen stroll up with his hands in his pockets, "Where are you going?"

"I'm escorting her to Luciano's." Marcus was ready for his sons challenge.

Allen leaned in and kissed Lilly on the cheek, "He's right. You do look beautiful."

Lilly smiled as she signed, "I love you."

Allen signed the same back. He watched from the front door as his father and Lilly entered the SUV. He sighed as he watch the security caravan leave the driveway.

Lilly's eyes scanned the room as she fidgeted with her fingers

Lilly's eyes scanned the room as she fidgeted with her fingers. There were a lot of unfamiliar faces present at her biological fathers funeral. Marcus noticed her distress and patted her hand. She smirked as she looked to him . Lilly was about to turn her face forward again until she noticed in the corner of her eye, a woman standing in the back against the wall. Her eyes were cold and evil. Her chest heaved as though she was losing an inner battle against her sanity. Marcus noticed Lilly's attention was pulled away and looked to see what she was looking at. His color drained as he saw Luciano's ex wife staring at Lilly. He squeezed her hand and barely whispered, "Look away."

Lilly did so. Both of the look straight forward as the priest continued his eulogy. Lilly looked down to Marcus phone and noticed him texting his head of security. "Code red." was all that it said. Marcus then whispered, "Stay calm. What ever happens, stay close to me. Understand?"

Lilly nodded as she continued to look straight ahead. As the priest finished, Marcus helped Lilly to her feet and ushered her to Luciano's coffin. She looked down at him one last time and turned away. Marcus whispered in her ear, "As soon as we clear the doorway way, I need you to run with me. Ok?"

Lilly's chest heaved as she nodded.

As they made it to the entrance, Marcus could see Luciano's ex striding towards them, "Run!"

Marcus and Lilly took off. Lilly's face had distress written all over it. Marcus looked back as the killer took her aim. "Slide!" He could see Lilly was lost with what to do. He squeezed her hand to pick up her speed and kicked her ankles out from under her as he grabbed her waist. They both slid at a surprising face pace on the polished marble floor and through the front door just as Marcus's security team entered. Lilly gasped as one of their men was hit. Before Lilly could think, Marcus had pulled her to her feet to run. They both made it to their safety as they heard gunfire in the massive house.

Lilly caught her breath on the way home. She was in awe of Marcus, "Where did you learn to do all that?"

Marcus smiled, "That's not the first time I've escaped that evil woman."

Lilly had tears in her eyes, "Mother would have been proud,"