Chaper 7

All the guest had arrived. Allen had seen many faces that he had not seen in ten years. Clara had already been busy throwing back glasses of champagne and laughing with her friends. He carelessly looked through the room until he spotted a late Lilly entering the ball room.

Allen noticed most all of the men in the room gawking at the  young beauty

Allen noticed most all of the men in the room gawking at the  young beauty. He unknowingly clinched his fist as Caleb approached her. He watched as Lilly smiled quickly disappeared as he whispered something in her ear.

Lilly's POV

She was excited to see her handsome date until he spoke in her ear, "Really, is this all you had to wear?"

Lilly sadly looked down at her dress then back up to Caleb, "I thought you would like it."

Caleb's jaw flexed, "Are you talking back to me?"

Lilly quickly shook her head, "No. I would never.."

The couple was interrupted by Allen, "Lilly, you look lovely dear." Allen tuned a blank face to Caleb, "Doesn't she Caleb?"

Caleb's mouth went dry as he smiled a fake smile, "Yes she does."

Lilly's chest was heaving with anxiety from her weak heart racing. She was trying to calculate the results of this conversation. Allen turned to Lilly and offered her his arm. "Lilly, may I have a dance?"

Caleb quickly replied, "I have yet to dance with her."

Allen smirked, "Yes, but you have already had plenty of dances with other ladies earlier. I've only had two."

Lilly snapped her gaze to a shocked Caleb. Caleb's anger was about to boil over. "Sure, by all means."

Allen smirked, "Thank you." While on the dance floor, Allen spoke softly to Lilly, "Just say the word and he's gone."

Lilly was shocked, "Allen, what do you mean? Gone from the party?"

Allen spun her around, "For good."

Lilly looked down as she shook her head, "I.. this is to much.. I can't let you do that.."

Allen felt a tap on his shoulder, he turned and noticed Clara's friend Mark standing next to him. "May I cut in?"

Allen reluctantly stepped aside as Mark took Lilly's tiny waist into his grasp. As he stepped back to the bar he noticed Lilly's eyes nervously looking for something. He realized who she was looking for when she found Caleb glaring at her across the room. Mark continued his conversation as Lilly tried her best to stay calm. "So your adopted?" Lilly nodded, "You don't say much do you?" Lilly shook her head. "That's good, most women talk too much." Lilly rolled her eyes. Mark noticed her reaction, "Don't be rude miss, your lucky I'm dancing with you anyway. Who wants a skank orphan anyway. You probably have brain damage from you crack whore mother."
Lilly snapped as her hand went across Marks face. Her heart was beating a million miles a minute. She couldn't breathe, the room was spinning. "Mother!?" The crowd circled around the couple as she started to wobbled. "I.. I .. can't.. breathe .. mother..!" Allen pushed through the crowd with his mother behind him. He watched as his mother eased down beside Lilly that was now laying on the floor struggling to breathe.

Vivian smiled as she took Lilly's hand and pressed it to her heart, "Feel my heart? Calm down. Match it with mine, that's it dearest. Feel my heart.." Lilly's breathing slowed as she focused on her mother . Allen noticed Mark pushing through the crowd.

Mark gasped as he felt Allen grip his tux jacket. Allen quietly pushed him upstairs to one of the rooms with a balcony. Mark cried out as Allen leaned him over the railing. "No! Don't kill me!"

Allen pressed his words through gritted teeth, "What did you do to her?!"

Mark stuttered, "Fuck! I was just messing around, she insulted me and I told her.."

Allen eased him over more, "Told her what!?"

Mark squeezed his eyes closed, "I told her nobody would want a skank orphan.. she was lucky I danced with her."

Allen started to violently punch Mark as he leaned him over the rail. He stopped when he heard his fathers voice. "Allen, that's enough son." Allen immediately stoped and dropped Mark to the ground. Marcus strolled up to the almost unconscious man. He leaned down to his eye level. "Don't ever let me see your face again. Or it's your funeral." Mark quietly nodded as two of his fathers men eased him off of the floor. Marcus stood beaming at his son and patted him on the cheek. "Welcome home son." Allen beamed back.