Chapter 20

Lilly awoke in a massive richly decorated room. Her tired eyes scanned her surroundings as she anticipated her next move. She looked at her smart watch as it beeped for her medication reminder . She gasped as she realized she had missed her morning dose and now she was about to miss her second. She thought to herself, "Stay calm. Maybe they will take you home." Lilly eased out of the bed. Her feet pattered as she walked across the hardwood floor. She found her shoes beside the door and put them on. Lilly was very careful not to make too much noise in the massive house. She noticed Luciano and a younger handsome man talking in the foyer. Lilly took a chance and headed down to her father. Luciano smiled at her bravery, he then turned to the younger man. "Roman, meet my daughter, Lillian. Lillian meet Roman Surighotte.

Lilly slightly blushed as she shook the handsome man's hand, she turned to Luciano as she scribbled on her note pad, "May I see you in private?"
Luciano excused them from Roman and watched as Lilly wrote more in her note pad, "I'm sorry to interrupt, but I desperately need my medication."

Luciano turned a concern face to Lilly, "What kind of medication?"

"I have a weak heart, if I don't take it I could go into cardiac arrest."

Lilly noticed anger in Luciano's eyes, "How did this happen?"

"I was born with it sir."

Luciano shook his head, "But your voice?"

Lilly sadly looked down as she shook her head. She watched as Luciano pulled out his phone, "SAl, I need you and Frankie to hit up Walters drugstore on 5th South. It's heart meds, come by the office for details."

Lilly felt Roman walk up from behind. Luciano smiled as he ended his conversation, "Roman, are you staying for dinner?"

Roman glanced at the shy Lilly, "I would love to."

Lilly wrote to Luciano, "Please excuse me."

The two men watched as she walked away. Roman tilted his head in Lilly's direction, "How did she lose her voice?"

Luciano stared straight ahead as he spoke with anger, "Little bastard strangled her. Broke her voice box."

"Did they catch him?"

Luciano chuckled, "I'll give it to Marcus, the man has style when it comes to punishment. Little fucker deserved everything."

Roman eyes followed Lilly up the stairs, "She is beautiful. What are your plans for her?"

Luciano's face was blank, "I thought her dead. I have no intentions of marrying her off anytime soon. Besides, she's only nineteen. Too young to marry."

Roman nodded with a disappointed smile, "One can not blame you. I would be very protective over her."

Luciano lit a cigar, "Ya damn right."