Chapter 13

Allen had been away for six long months in New York. He was having difficulty keeping part of the family territory due to an old family threat. The Luciano's were an old family, their feud actually goes all the way back to the mother land. It turned out Luciano's had a beauty in their family by the name of Sofia. Anthony Desserio made claim on her hand in marriage. Luciano's always thought Desserio's were bad blood and Sofias father refused Anthony's claim. Sofia would be later killed in an accident that was meant to be for Anthony. Both families blamed one another for the young girls death. Allen had learned all of this while in Italy. There were few Luciano's left there since most of them came to America.

Even though he was busy in New York, he tried his best to maintain contact with his family. He tried countless times to get a response from Lilly with his text, but she never answered. After his captain had been put in place. Allen finally made his way home. It was late when he arrived. He was aching to see Lilly since she felt like a ghost to him. Allen eased up to the guest cottage and peeked in. He turned the doorknob for luck, to find it unlocked. He eased in quietly trying not to freighting Lilly awake. He eased up to the bed to see her peacefully sleeping. Allen was about to sit on the edge of the bed when he noticed a small set of big eyes looking up at him. Chloe was wide awake blankly staring up at him. Allen froze when Chloe made a quick, "Uh" sound. Allen pressed his index finger to his lips to quietly shh the baby. Chloe giggled and tried to make the same noise but only raspberries came out. Allen frowned at her loudness but realized that was a mistake since Chloe was being to pucker her lip out and start to wail. Lilly quickly sat up as she picked up Chloe to comfort her. She gasped when she saw Allen standing in her bedroom.

Allen leaned in closer to explain, "Lilly, I'm sorry to.."

He was cut off with her furiously signing at him. He smiled as he realized that she had learned. Lilly then realized her signing was hopeless as she threw off the covers as she held Chloe. She grabbed Allen by the arm and lead him to the door. Allen planted his feet, "Wait! Can't I see the baby?"

Lilly shrugged carelessly. Allen reached for Chloe, but the infant snubbed him as she turned away. Lilly smirked at him and opened the door. Allen pursed his lips, "Guess I deserve that."

Allen slowly existed the cottage, he was about to speak as he turned back around, but Lilly slammed the door shut in his face and locked it.