Chapter 30 - Apoligies

Amaya's P.O.V

Somehow Sophie had gotten me downstairs for dinner even though I didn't feel like eating.

Dinner was silent, but not the awkward silence. It was a very comfortable silence.

That was until I saw Chris limped into the room and I was up from my seat hugging him to death. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry." I repeated.

"Why are you sorry? You did nothing wrong." He said gruffly before hissing lightly in pain. "Ow."

I distance myself from him. "I just feel responsible for...this." I gestured to his shoulder.

Chris smiled lightly. "Its not your fault, none of its your fault."

Somebody coughed awkwardly from the table. Lucy spoke up. "Chris should still be in bed, Amaya do you mind taking a plate of food for him and helping him to his bed?" She asked.

"Yeah." I nodded doing as she said.

-

Sophie's P.O.V

As Amaya left the room with Chris me and Blake shared a glance that said either two things.

Fucking ship it

Or

Dibs on being bridesmaid at their wedding

The second one coming from Blake.

"What's going on between them?" Mitch said, obviously clueless.

Lucy laughed a little before patting him on the shoulder. "I'll tell you when your older."

Mitch frowned and crossed his arms.

-

Amaya's P.O.V

We sat awkwardly on Chris bed, me at sitting on the edge with my legs crossed.

"How does it hurt?"

"What?"

"Being shot, what's the pain like?"

Chris paused to think, scraping at the food in his lap. "Just imagine your skin getting blasted with a metal object and that's exactly what it's like to be shot."

I shivered at the thought.

"It isn't the first time."

"Really?"

"Yeah, I was shot in the leg once." He moved forward and, with his good arm, he pulled up his sweat pants to reveal a faded scar on the calf of his leg. "It happened over a year ago."

"How long have you been part of this gang?"

Chris smiled and shook his head. "I think that's enough questions about me."

"But-"

"I wanna know about you, Amaya." He said leaning back to rest against the back of the bed.

"No."

"What do you mean no?"

"I mean no as in, it's late and you should sleep."

Chris raised an eyebrow. "So your my mother now."

I paused to look over him. "Go to bed."

"Only if you stay with me."

I tensed. Wow I wasn't expecting that. "You won't try anything will you?"

"I'm not that kinda guy."

I sighed before crawling up the bed to get under the covers with him. He placed his plate of food on the dresser next to the bed before rolling over and lying next to me.

"You smell like sweat."

"I'll have a shower in the morning." He insisted.

"Your gross."

Oh look I haven't updated in like two days and I'm in pain rn but I decided to write this for u even tho it's not much.

God I felt so uncomfortable writing the scene with Amaya and Chris.

Vote and stuff.