38

"I'm sorry but we can't tell them this"
"Trust me I know you don't want them to know you've made it pretty clear "
"I'm sorry they just can't know"
"They can't know what. The fact that you wrote anonymous notes to me saying you like me. Or that you wanted to know if I liked your friend because you wanted to know if you had a chance. Or that you pretended that you might have been your other best friend just to hide your feelings. Or maybe it's that you wanted Tyler to do something. You did have to know the whole story. So which one of these things is it."
"None"
"Then stop hiding this. Just tell them. Or maybe you can just tell me that you don't like me at all and you were just bored in the car so you needed to mess with someone else.  But you didn't mess with someone else you messed with they're feelings. So just stop all this right now. And just tell the truth to someone."
"I do like you I really do"
"Then why can't they know."
"They just can't"
"Well if you don't want them to know then they don't have to. But this conversation is over so goodbye."
"We can't just leave the conversation like this"

They are still all watching and I can tell it's getting awkward for them.

"Well we are"
"I'm sorry"
"Goodbye see you later"
"Are you serious"
"Goodbye"