~ four

( chapter four; brAcelets and boys )

▂▂▂▂

MADISON STOOD at the entrance of The Apple Rose Grille. Spencer was sat at a table with her dad, her gaze shifting towards the door to look for her sister but instead saw Madison. She excused herself before making her way towards Madison, "Hey. I was gonna e-mail you when I got home. How weird was that lunch?"

"Incredibly." Madison replied. The bell of the door rang, causing the two girls to look towards it. Melissa and Wren made their way in, and towards Spencer's dad. Madison's eyes followed Wren as they did so.

"That's Melissa's fiancè." Spencer told her before looking back to Madison with a raised brow, "But she said you know him?"

Madison met Spencer's gaze, furrowing her brows a little, "Oh, sort of. He was just at the University when I went to look at classes."

"Medical classes?" Spencer asked, "I thought you wanted to follow your mom's roots of interior design?"

Madison shrugged, "Just keeping my options open."

"I'd better get back." Spencer said, looking towards the table.

Madison flashed a smile at her, "All right. See you later."

She watched Spencer walk back to her table. Her eyes shifted towards Wren, who Spencer had sat beside. Melissa and her father on the other side of the table.

"Madison?" A voice said, causing her to snap her attention away from them. She looked to the left to see a waitress holding a takeaway bag.

Madison smiled, taking the bag from her, "Yes, thank you."

"No problem." The waitress replied before walking back towards the kitchen.

"Can I get anyone a drink?" The waiter at the Hastings table asked the four.

"I'll have a vodka soda." Spencer said to him in a serious tone.

Melissa rolled her eyes, "She's kidding."

Peter Hastings, their father, glanced to the waiter, "I'm gonna have a glass of the house cab. Melissa?"

"The same as my father." Melissa said.

"I actually will have a vodka soda." Wren told him, with a small grin. Madison looked back towards the table after collecting her food, seeing Wren and Spencer smiling at each other.