~ fifty-one

( chapter fifty-one;
guArdians )

( chapter fifty-one;guArdians )

▂▂▂▂

"GOOD MORNING." WERE THE FIRST words Madison heard as her eyes opened. She glanced upwards to see Jason smiling down at her.

She let out a soft giggle, "Morning."

Jason leant down and pressed a gentle kiss to her lips but broke from her a second later when her phone alarm rang. Madison groaned and turned over to grab her phone. She switched off her alarm. As she did, she saw a few messages from Emily.

"Have your parents called?" Jason asked.

Madison shook her head and put her phone down, "They think I stayed at Aria's."

The brunette turned back and wriggled closer to the warmth of Jason's body. He stared at her features before exhaling, "How are you after last night?"

"Joe's digging himself deeper and deeper into a hole." Madison sighed. She remained quiet for a moment before letting her eyes connect with Jason's, "Other than that, it was wonderful. I never expected you to say you love me."

"I do." Jason responded, tracing his fingers on the bare skin of her arm, "I have for a long time, I was just terrified, Madi. I've never felt like this, and when we fell apart, all I could do was watch you with Caleb because I could see how happy you were, and I regretted not telling you sooner."

Madison held her hand down the side of Jason's face, brushing her thumb softly on his cheek. She leant upwards and pressed a kiss to his lips, "Now we don't have to hide, or keep secrets, we can just be us."

Jason attached his lips to hers and they began to make out, shifting under the duvet cover to bring themselves closer.

"Jason?!" A female voice suddenly echoed through the house.

Madison broke from Jason with a gasp, "Is that your mom? What is she doing here?"

"I have no idea," Jason responded, glancing to the door, "but you need to leave."

"What?" Madison pushed herself up, furrowing her brows at Jason, "What happened to not hiding anymore?"

"So you want my mom to see you and question us about every single thing?" He asked, reaching for his boxers off of the floor.

"You have a point." Madison said, watching Jason climb out of bed and begin to put on clothes, "But I'm currently naked."

"Right." Jason nodded, realising she needed to get dressed too, "I'll distract her, you head out the back door."