~ thirty-seven

( chapter thirty-seven;
deAd or alive )

( chapter thirty-seven; deAd or alive )

▂▂▂▂

KICKING THE DOOR didn't help at all. It wouldn't budge because something from the outside had jammed it shut. After two minutes of screaming and hitting the door, it suddenly opened, revealing Ian.

Madison gasped loudly in fright. Ian glared at Madison before yelling to the side, "She's here!"

Spencer came into view and held her hand out to Madison. The scared brunette took it and was pulled out of the small space. Spencer's gaze locked on Madison, "You okay?"

Madison swallowed the lump in her throat, nodding in response. She wasn't okay, but it wasn't the most traumatised she had ever been.

"What happened?" Veronica asked, moving towards them with Melissa.

Ian held up the crowbar in his right hand, "This was jammed in the door."

Madison glared at Ian, who was walking back towards Melissa and Veronica. Madison looked back to Spencer, "Is it all right if I stay at yours tonight?"

Spencer nodded, "Of course."

▂▂▂▂

Spencer was asleep to the right of Madison, who was still wide awake. She'd asked to stay at Spencer's for two reasons. One, she was afraid to be alone at her house, and two, she suspected that Ian was A. It made sense, he had to be.

Madison took the duvet off of her, careful not to disturb Spencer. She left the room and made her way down into the Hastings kitchen. Madison headed for the fridge and opened it.

She pulled out a bottle of water. Madison closed the fridge door, instantly gasping in shock when a figure stood behind it. It was Ian.

"You scared me." Madison said, trying not to act out of character.

"Sorry." He responded, in a tone as though he didn't really mean it. Madison moved from the fridge, opening her bottle. Ian looked to her as he opened the fridge to get his own drink, "Couldn't sleep either?"

"No. I have a lot of questions on my mind." Madison stated, sipping her water, "Like, who were you really with at Hilton Head?"

Ian frowned, shutting the fridge and facing her, "When are you gonna learn to just keep quiet?"

"I'm just curious," Madison furrowed her brows, "is that a crime?"