~ forty-two

( chapter forty-two;
love and leAve me )

( chapter forty-two;love and leAve me )

▂▂▂▂

"ARE YOU SERIOUS?" Madison questioned, slightly frowning at her parents.

"Your therapist, and us, and the rest of the girls parents think it's a good idea that you all spend some time apart, Madi." Katherine told her.

Madison didn't exactly know how to respond. She knew not being near her friends would mean she was less likely to tell them about her being on the A team. But not being near them meant they were more vunerable to A.

Madison glanced to her dad, "And you agree to this too?"

"Yes." Nate replied, exhaling a sigh, "I know you and your friends have only just started getting close again, but maybe that's the reason everything that has been happening is happening."

Madison lightly scoffed under her breath and pushed herself off of the kitchen stool, "Whatever."

"Honey, it's for the best." Katherine said as Madison slung her bag on her shoulder.

"So, you keep saying. But nothing you've done for me seems to be for the best, mom." Madison retorted. She began to head out of the room, "I'm going to school."

"Wait." Nate said, cauaing the young brunette to stop. He held out a set of keys towards her, "Give these to your brother, he left in a hurry this morning."

Madison let out a sigh, taking the keys. She turned and finally left the house.

▂▂▂▂

Madison climbed out of her car and locked the doors. She stared at the building infront of her. Tools & Leisure. She hadn't gone to school like she'd told her parents, she'd decided to ditch the morning and find some real answers instead of some pointless maths equation she was never going to use.

She held the black hoodie over her arm and made her way into the store. Madison glanced around as she walked through the building. There was a lot of items like tools, garden furniture, outdoor clothing and more.

There seemed to be no customers inside. Madison stopped infront of the cashier, a young, brunette male. His head dragged upwards until he met her eye contact, "Hi, can I help you?"

Madison unwrapped the hoodie from her arm and layed it on the counter, "Do you sell this exact jacket?"

"Uh," The cashier took the hoodie and analyzed it's insides, spotting the small label at the bottom, "yeah."