~ forty-five

( chapter forty-five;
hAlf-brothers )

( chapter forty-five; hAlf-brothers )

▂▂▂▂

THE LIGHT STUNG MADISON'S EYES as she awoke. She grumbled, wriggling around on a soft object. She opened her eyes, looking down to see she was laying on a mattress with a blanket over the top of her.

Madison grew confused as to where she was. She pushed herself up and looked at her surroundings. Immediately, she knew where she was. It was somewhere she hadn't been in over a year. Jason's room.

The brunette climbed off of the bed, folding her arms to keep Joe's therapy file still in place inside her jacket. Madison noticed her shoes had been taken off and were at the foot of the bed.

She slipped her feet back into them before moving towards Jason's desk. On it were several things, including a pinboard. Madison stretched her hand forward, taking a photo from the board.

It was of her and Jason, sat on his bed. She remembered the night it was taken, how could she forget it? It was the first time she knew she was in love with him, but at that time, she could never admit it.

"Hey." A soft voice spoke from behind.

Madison gasped in surprise, her head whiping around to see Jason stood in the bedroom doorway. She exhaled to calm her heart rate, "You scared me."

"Reminiscing?" He asked, nodding towards her hand.

Jason slowly walked towards Madison with a steaming mug of coffee in his hands, as she looked back down to the photo, "I think this is the first picture we ever took together."

"Do you miss it?" Jason questioned, studying her facial movements.

Madison didn't know how to respond. She wondered if she did miss it. The sneaking around, the fun, the sex, the laughter, him. Did she miss him?

She let out a breath and held the picture towards Jason, "I should go."

Jason furrowed his brows, "With no explanation as to what happened last night?"

"You were the first place I could think of to come to." Madison shrugged, still attempting to hand the picture to him. She grumbled, "Take it."

"What about your boyfriend?" Jason questioned, still denying the photo and blocking her path.

Madison's eyebrows pulled together, "Jason, I just want to leave."