~ fifty-three

( chapter fifty-three;
the roAd to nowhere )

( chapter fifty-three;the roAd to nowhere )

▂▂▂▂

LOOKING OVER PAGE FIVE, Madison was confused. A lot of it didn't seem to make sense but other parts were far from what she expected. She'd not got much sleep as she'd been thinking too much about everything from her parents to Ezra to the what she had done that night.

DiLaurentis, A.
Summary

The impact on the posterior of the victims cranium indicates that she was facing away from assailed. The cranium was displaced on impact. The weapon possibly was a curved blunt edge. When found, there was dirt in the lungs.

"She'd inhaled dirt." Madison whispered to herself in her bedroom, "So that meant she was buried alive. But how would the body not have been found straight away when it was reported to the police?"

Before she could think any further, her door burst open causing her to quickly fold the page. Joe walked in, "Hey, seeing as you're going out, can I have a ride to The Grille?"

Madison nodded, "Sure."

He glanced to her hands, "What's that?"

"Homework." She told him, pushing herself up from her bed. She slipped her feet into some shoes and grabbed her bag from the end of her bed, "Let's go."

"Aren't you gonna get breakfast?" Joe asked.

"We can get something on the way." Madison responded, "I really need to get to Hanna's."

"All right, nerd." Joe snorted. He turned around and left with Madison following behind him. She lightly smiled at his comment, feeling as though they were slowly slipping back into how it use to be.

▂▂▂▂

After dropping Joe off at The Grille, Madison went straight to Hanna's. She knew it would've been better to go to Spencer's but considering their recent predicament, she decided against it.

Madison knocked on the door of the Marin residence and waited for it to open. Eventually, it did, revealing Hanna in a long dark brown dress. The brunette glanced her up and down, "I'm sorry, you're busy."

"It's my dads wedding." Hanna told her.

"That's today?" Madison asked before groaning, "Han, I'm so sorry for being MIA. Spencer's right, I've been so selfish."

"It's fine. Honestly." Hanna responded, "You have your problems, I have mine."

Madison shook her head, "It's not fine. How're you feeling?"