~ fifty-four

( chapter fifty-four;
mAd mAx )

A/N: Meet Max King, played by Tom Holland

▂▂▂▂

One Month Later

"EXCUSE ME, MISS, YOU CAN'T BE HERE." An officer shouted at Madison, who'd climbed out of her car and was heading towards a group of girls in orange jumpsuits.

"Says who?" Madison questioned, walking towards two officers.

"Me." He responded with a frown.

"I'm here to pick up my friend." The brunette told the two. She lifted her left arm and pulled back her sleeve, revealing a rose gold watch. She stared at it's hands ticking, "Her duty to you is over in three, two, finished."

Madison smirked and looked over to the group. She spotted Hanna standing near Aria, "Han, times up!"

The blonde dumped the rubbish bag and stick she was carrying on a park bench near her. She made her way towards Madison, Aria was following.

Madison glanced around, "Where's Em and little Miss I-Know-Better-Than-Everyone?"

"They had a fight, got split up and taken back to the station." Hanna told her.

Aria exhaled, "And do you have to call Spencer that?"

"It's better than the names I've called her in my head." Madison smirked.

"Seriously," Aria sighed, "you and Spencer, now her and Emily? It's been a month, we need each other, this fighting is pointless."

Madison clenched her jaw, grimicing a little before she turned and began to head back to her car, "Come on, let's get you home."

▂▂▂▂

Madison sat at the kitchen table of the Halpert residence, she was munching on some pancakes whilst her mom was making coffee. The past month had been rough.

Madison had barely spoken to Spencer. She only learnt new information from Hanna, and sometimes Aria. Emily seemed to be growing distant too.

It was like they were going back to the year before, just after Alison disappeared and they stopped interacting.

Her relationships with everyone had deteriorated, making her feel even more alone. Nate had moved back out after realising that he and Katherine weren't a good idea after all.