~ twenty-three

( chapter twenty-three;
rivers and teArs )

( chapter twenty-three; rivers and teArs )

▂▂▂▂

MADISON PRESSED PLAY and the image of Alison began to move. The blonde smiled seductively, staring just above the cameras lense, "If the girls knew I was seeing you, my God, they'd never shut up about it. I wish they were more mature but..."

Alison trailed off as she pushed herself off the rock she was sat on, "We don't have a lot of time, I have to get back before they wake up. I know you wanna kiss me."

The camera went a little fuzzy as though it was being passed into Alison's hands. And then it panned and stopped, focusing on another person. It was Ian, "Come closer."

"Oh my God." The five girls gasped in shock. But after what Madison saw at the river, she knew something was going on and this just confirmed it. The older guy Alison was seeing was Ian. Melissa's Ian.

And yet the blonde had tortured Madison over hooking up with Wren, Melissa's boyfriend at them time, when she had done exactly the same thing. Madison grew angry at this fact, she could feel it burning in her chest.

Suddenly the camera made cracking sounds as it fell out of Alison's hands and hit the ground. A few seconds later, a hand hit the floor beside the camera. It's Alison's, her purple embroidered bracelet in view.

The hand suddenly grasped the leaves on the floor, making the girls suddenly jump. Then her hand relaxed and remained limp on the ground. The video suddenly ended, leaving the image of the hand on the screen.

The door of the computer room suddenly opened, causing them all to break from their focus on the screen. Ian stood in the doorway, staring at the five, "I saw you through the window. You girls need to get to class."

Spencer nodded at him, "We know. We were just... helping Madison with her Latin essay."

"I'd get going now. You don't want to be late." He responded, glaring at them, "Spence, see you on the field."

Ian backed out and left the room. Hanna let out a breath she'd been holding in since he made an appearance, "That guy is literally sleeping in your back yard, with your sister."

"We have to give this to the police, tonight." Emily referred to the video.

Spencer cocked an eyebrow at her, "And when they asked us where we got it?"

"Where did you get it?" Aria asked Madison, "Why did A just decide to give it to you?"

"We're not giving it to the police." Madison blurted out as she stood, scooping the laptop into her hands, "Not only did I recieve it anonymously, we also can't be sure what happened in the video."