~ thirteen

( chapter thirteen; like fAther like liAr )

Meet Madison and Joe's parents,Katherine and Nate Halpert

Katherine and Nate Halpert.
Played by Mila Kunis and Chris Evans

▂▂▂▂

"OUCH." MADISON screwed up her face at the pain of the antibiotic cream and cotton wool dabbing against the gash on her forehead. Fresh stitches had already been put in to replace the ones that had torn apart.

"All clean." The doctor said, throwing the cotton wool into a bin and removing her gloves. She walked towards her clipboard, reading over the notes, "I do have a new painkiller prescription for you."

"Can I see Hanna?" Madison asked, not bothered about herself in the slightest. When the ambulance had arrived at the camp, she'd pushed her way into it to ride with Hanna and didn't even care her head was bleeding. All she could feel was sadness and guilt.

The doctor looked towards her, "Your friends are in the waiting room. I will bring your medication to you out there, okay?"

Madison pushed herself off the edge of the bed and onto the floor, "I need to see Hanna."

"She's had a serious accident - "

"Accident?" Madison scoffed, growing irritated, "A car drove full speed at us, I'd hardly call that an accident."

"We will tell you and your friends when you're able to see her, okay?" The doctor said, "Please, Madison, wait outside."

She sighed and obeyed, making her way out into the hallway and headed to the waiting room. Madison saw Hanna's mom talking to Aria. She rushed towards her, "Mrs. Marin, is Hanna okay?"

"She's going to be all right." Ashley Marin reassured her, "She, uh, she has a broken leg and a broken ankle, bruised ribs... and, uh, they might have to remove her spleen. What happened?"

Madison felt her heart drop. It should have been me, she thought. Aria noticed Madison's expression change and looked towards Ashley, "Madison was coming across the parking lot and Hanna came from behind and pushed her out of the way just as this car came out of nowhere."

"Well, the police found the car." Ashley told them, "They said it was stolen."

Madison's eyes shot up to meet hers, "Did they catch the driver?"

She shook her head, "No, not yet." Ashley sighed, "You girls should get going. I will call you when Hanna can have visitors."