~ twenty-eight

( chapter twenty-eight;
the truth cAtches up eventuAlly )

( chapter twenty-eight;  the truth cAtches up eventuAlly )

A/N: Ugh, he's such a cutie.

▂▂▂▂

EZRA'S EYES KEPT FLICKERING from the brunette to the floor and back to her. He'd helped Madison up into his apartment and sat her on the sofa, where she'd kind of curled into a crying ball.

It had been around fifteen minutes. Ezra had kept talking to her while she remained silent, trying to keep her calm. He leant forward a little, pushing the glass of water on the table towards her, "I know you don't feel like talking, but have a drink. You need to keep hydrated."

She lifted her head out of her knees, meeting his gaze. Her eyes were stinging and so was her throat, "My dad could be dead."

Ezra's eyebrows raised as he stared at her in concern, "What?"

"And that guy I mentioned to you a while ago," Madison continued, "who I said I cared deeply about, turns out he's been using me because he has a girlfriend."

"Madison, slow down -- "

" -- and I called you Ezra because I know about you and Aria, okay? I knew something must have been going on from the moment you two looked at each other on the first day. But don't blame Aria -- "

" -- Madison, stop." Ezra moved closer, taking a seat on the table infront of her, "Just take a breath."

"And you asked about how Alison died. Well, she... I -- she isn't dead, okay? It isn't possible. I saw her. I know they said they found her body and she had a funeral but maybe it wasn't her, or maybe... maybe I'm really just going insane."

"Hey, hey." He tried calming her, "You're not insane. You're hurting. There is so much going on right now, and it's hard for you to focus on one thing."

"I haven't even told Joe about dad yet." Madison let out an anxious breath, "I feel nauseaus."

Ezra reached beside him and picked up the glass of cold water. He held it towards her, "Here."

She sighed before taking the glass off of him, "Thanks."

Madison took a few gulps of the fresh water, feeling it cooling her body temp instantly. She placed the glass back on the table before looking back to Ezra, "Can I use your bathroom?"

"Of course." He nodded before pointing towards the door by the kitchen, "Through there."

Madison stood from the sofa she'd been sat on for almost twenty minutes and made her way into the bathroom. She closed the door and walked towards the sink, staring back at herself in the mirror.