~ nine

( chapter nine; jAson )

▂▂▂▂

"MADISON? OH my God." Aria gasped, running down the hallway from the restrooms and towards the unconcious girl on the floor. She dropped to her knees, seeing a large bleeding gash on Madison's forehead. Aria pressed her hand against the brunettes neck to check for a pulse. She let out a sigh of relief when she found it.

"Madison?" She tried to wake her gently but got no response, "Madi, wake up."

"Aria?" Spencer called from the doorway of the dance. Her eyes widened as she saw Madison and ran towards the two, "Oh my - what happened?"

"I don't know." Aria said, her hands and voice shaking, "I - I just found her like this. She's unconcious but breathing."

"We need to get her to the hospital." Spencer rushed, scanning the head wound.

"I know." Aria glanced towards her, "But Emily and Toby are still missing."

"Spencer and I will find her." Hanna's voice said as she approached them from outside, hearing what Aria said. Her eyes fell down to the unconcious Halpert girl and widened, "Take her to the hospital, Aria. We'll meet you there."

"You're missing out the part where I need to get her in the car." Aria stated, "You're gonna have to help."

"Hanna, go with Aria." Spencer said, standing back up.

"But you - "

Spencer cut Hanna off, "Don't worry about me, I'll find Emily. Just go, now!"

▂▂▂▂

Madison could hear murmurs in the darkness as her conciousness regained. A slight grumble escaped her lips as she immediately felt the throbbing pain in her forehead. She let her eyes flutter open before blinking a couple of times to clear her vision.

"Hey." A voice said. She glanced to her right, seeing Aria, "You're awake."

Madison scanned around the hospital room in confusion. She moved her hand up towards her forehead, feeling a bandage over where it hurt. Her eyes shifted towards her friends, "Wh - "

Hanna moved towards the bed as she cut her off, "You're in the hospital, Madi."

"I know, Hanna." Madison replied with a small smile, "I don't have amnesia."

"Thank God." Hanna sighed in relief, "Imagine having to teach you the alphabet and stuff again, total nightmare."

Aria furrowed her brows, "Not really how amnesia works, Han."