~ forty

( chapter forty;
toby cAvanaugh )

( chapter forty;   toby cAvanaugh )

▂▂▂▂

MADISON STARED AT THE BLACK HOODIE on her kitchen table. She could feel her heart thudding in her chest. She'd already stuffed the A note in her pocket that came with the jacket.

Madison inspected the hoodie, seeing that A had unsewn the large label that was inside. The brunette noticed a tiny imbedded label at the very base of the hoodie, near the zip. It was almost hidden.

"Good morning." A voice spoke, startling Madison.

She closed the hoodie and placed it into her lap, "Morning, mom."

Katherine took a mug from the cupboard and started up the coffee machine, "How did the therapy session go yesterday?"

"It was okay." Madison responded.

Katherine turned to her daughter, "You sure? Because Doctor Anne Sullivan called saying you left early."

"Oh," Madison grabbed her bag from the worktop and placed it on her shoulder, "well, my contribution to the conversation was over, plus I never wanted to go in the first place."

The young brunette stood, holding the hoodie tight under her arm. She was about to head out but her mom stopped her, "Honey, I know you and Caleb are close, but if he's influencing you to not go to the sessions or anything else then -- "

" -- Caleb really isn't the problem." Madison interupted.

"Then what is, Madi?" Katherine asked, moving towards her daughter, "Because lately you've been acting so distant with me, with this family. I just want to know why so I can help."

"Miles Fitzgerald." Madison simply responded.

Katherine's expression changed into shock and her heart race picked up, "How did you -- "

" -- were you ever going to tell me?" Madison interupted again, "Or were you just hoping it'd pass and that I'd forget about it? Well, atleast I found out I have a half-brother. You know, Ezra Fitz, my teacher. But I'm thankful for that because he cares about my feelings more than you ever have!"

And with that the brunette was gone. She stormed out of the house and got into her car. Madison placed the hoodie into the passenger seat with her bag and drove off to school.

Madison got to school early, so she sat in her car, pulling the black hoodie onto her lap. She found the small label again, pulling it out a little to try and read the small print. It read: T&L