~ twenty-nine

( chapter twenty-nine;
the truth about cAleb rivers )

( chapter twenty-nine; the truth about cAleb rivers )

▂▂▂▂

"WHAT IF ITS ARIA'S DAD?" Madison questioned, pacing around the kitchen. Joe was sat on a stool, munching on his cereal as he watched her. She stopped, looking to her brother, "He and mom were pretty cosy when she use to chaperone at school. And he and Ella split up for some reason."

It had been two days since the news broke that Nate wasn't Madison's biological father. Two days since she'd seen her mom because she'd stayed in Philly. Madison began to pace again, "Or Tom. Hanna's dad. He and Ashley split up too."

"Maybe you should just discuss this with mom, Madi." Joe responded, "I'm no help, like at all. Plus we've gotta go to school."

"Right, right." She nodded, picking her bag up from the surface and slinging on her shoulder, "Or what if Spencer's dad had an affair with her?"

"Why are you just listing your friends dads?" Joe questioned, standing up, "Do you really think they'd do that to their kids?"

"Mom did it to dad, Joe. So yeah, yeah I do." Madison responded as the two began to head down the hallway of the house. Her eyes widened, "Oh my God, what if it's Principal Hackett? I don't look like him, right?"

Joe furrowed his brows in detest, "Okay, now you're just reaching."

"No, you're right." She grabbed her car keys from the table by the door, "Let's go."

Both of them were soon in the car and driving to school. They began to approach the Cavanaugh house, where their mailbox had been destroyed. They both glanced over the wooden wreckage on the floor.

Toby had been released from jail due to insufficient evidence against him murdering Alison. Madison hadn't really known what had been going on lately because of her own problems, but Hanna had been catching her up.

"Do you really believe that someone framed him?" Joe asked as they drove past.

Madison shrugged, "They released him for some reason."

"Honestly, Jenna creeps me out more than Toby." Joe responded.

The rest of the journey was quiet. Joe still seemed off about something. Maybe it was the whole dad situation and he just didn't want to talk about it.

Madison got out of her car in the school carpark, Joe had already gone. She slung her bag on her shoulder before locking the car and heading into the school, along with everyone else.