~ forty-one

( chapter forty-one;
oh hAppy day )

( chapter forty-one;oh hAppy day )

▂▂▂▂

"MADI, WHAT ARE YOU doing here?" Aria immediately asked the brunette stood outside Ezra's door.

Madison pressed her eyes shut, shaking her head at the thought. She opened them again, locking them on Aria, "I know what this looks like but it is definitely not what it looks like. Please just give me the chance to explain everything."

"No need." Ezra came into Madison's view in the doorway, "I already told her."

Aria took in a breath and nodded to Madison, "I get why you've been acting so odd around me and now everything makes sense. I'm sorry I jumped down your throat, Madi, you wanted to tell me but I wouldn't let you."

Madison stared at Aria, a little bewildered before exhaled and sending her a small smile, "Forgiven."

"I..." Aria turned grabbed her jacket and bag from beside the door, "will let you two talk. I need to go home anyway."

"Aria," Madison turned slightly, making the petite brunette come to a halt outside the door and face her, "Please don't tell the others, I'm not ready for them to know just yet."

"I won't." Aria smiled, "See you later."

Madison watched Aria walk off before heading inside Ezra's apartment. She closed the door behind her and walked to the kitchen. Ezra followed behind, "Are you mad I told her?"

"No, I'm actually glad. I had no idea how to tell her, at all." Madison responded. She placed the two coffees on the kitchen surface and shook the takeout bag in her hand, "I brought us some coffees, and you some food."

Ezra furrowed his brows, "Why just me?"

"Because I kinda might be..." Madison took a sip of her coffee, "going on a date."

"With who?" Ezra asked, his eyebrows raising, a gleam of excitement in his expression, "If that's not too personal to ask."

"Remember that guy I've been talking about every now and then?" Madison questioned. He nodded, "Well, that guy is Caleb Rivers and we're sorta dating, I guess."

Madison hadn't really said the words out loud and never really spoke to Caleb about their relationship, but she knew it'd be better for it them to take things slow and just let whatever happens happen.

Ezra could see the smile spread on Madison's face and reach her eyes. He smiled too, "I honestly don't think I've ever seen you this happy."