~ thirty-two

( chapter thirty-two;
  hAlf-blood )

( chapter thirty-two;   hAlf-blood )

▂▂▂▂

"SORRY?" EZRA QUESTIONED, still half asleep and wondering if he was in some kind of dream. But the distressed brunette girl infront of him said otherwise.

Madison exhaled, to say she felt anxious was an understatement, "Can I come in?"

He pondered before stepping aside, "Sure."

Madison rushed inside, clutching the brown enevelope in her hand. She stopped in the living room and faced him as he shut the door, "It sounds impossible, I know. But, I, uh, the other day I found out my dad isn't my biological father, and tonight I got this. Just... look. Look at it."

She handed the envelope to Ezra. He furrowed his brows as he took it from her. Madison watched as he opened and read the letter, "And then I realised we look similar, we have this connection that I couldn't understand, and you're five years older than me, right? Please, I need to know."

Ezra's stomach was twisting, he wasn't sure what to say or do. His eyes flickered up to Madison's as she spoke again, "Miles Fitzgerald, that's your dad, right?"

He swallowed the rising lump in his throat, "I have a picture of me holding a baby when I was five, on February 12th 1994, but I thought it was Wes, and that the camera got the date wrong."

The brunettes eyebrows pulled together, "Whose Wes?"

"My brother." Ezra told her.

Madison let out a breath, she wasn't sure how to react to more news. She sunk down onto the sofa, "You have a brother?"

"Yeah." Ezra nodded, sitting down on the sofa beside her, "He's sixteen."

It fell silent between the two as they gathered their confused thoughts. Madison looked back to Ezra, "Can I see this picture?"

"Sure." Ezra pushed himself off of the sofa, placing the envelope beside Madison. He moved towards a bookcase in the corner of the room. Madison watched as he took a box from the top shelf.

Ezra moved back to the sofa. He took a seat and opened the box, beginning the riffle through the contents. Eventually, he stumbled upon a small square picture. He pulled it out and handed it to Madison.

She took it from him. Madison glanced down to the picture of a young boy, Ezra, holding a tiny baby wearing a white shirt, and orange and white striped trousers. Madison felt a weight on her chest, "I have a picture of me as a baby, in my moms arms, wearing that exact outfit."