~ fifty-nine

( chapter fifty-nine;
the end of the stArt )

A/N:TRIGGER WARNING: Mental health and attempted suicide

A/N:
TRIGGER WARNING: Mental health and attempted suicide.

▂▂▂▂

"PICK UP, PICK UP!" Madison anxiously yelled through gritted teeth. The phone line went dead and she pulled it from her ear, "God damn it, Hanna!"

She groaned before dialling Aria. Madison waited as it rang, "Anyone, please!"

Aria didn't pick up either. Unbeknown to Madison, she was dancing with Ezra, and Hanna with Caleb. She'd already tried Emily and Spencer, no luck there either.

So Madison had to do the one thing she was dreading: going to the dance.

She had no dress, but that wasn't the point, she didn't want to be seen anyway. So she chose all black, complete with her black hoodie to keep her warm. Madison grabbed the A phone along with her laptop incase she needed them for proof, and shoved them into a bag.

Madison rushed out of the house without a second thought and climbed straight into her car, switched on the ignition and drove off towards the destination for the schools dance.

She made it there within ten minutes. As Madison climbed out of the car, seeing a few students outside in their dresses and suits, she looked down to her outfit. The black hoodie wasn't the best choice, especially considering her friends would see it.

Then she remembered the red coat in the trunk of her car. Should I wear it? She asked herself, opening the trunk, it was Alison's, or Vivian's, is that weird? But nobody would know that.

So she grabbed the red coat and put it on over her hoodie before locking her car and rushing inside with her bag on her shoulder.

The dance was in full swing. The music was loud, everyone was mingling or dancing in the decorative, dark room. Madison's eyes wildly scanned the room from the top of the large staircase.

Everyone was in masks and pretty outfits, so much that it was hard to see who was who. But then to one side of the room she spotted a familiar blonde with her mask off, Hanna, and beside her, Aria and Emily.

Without hesitation, Madison darted down the stairs and towards the three girls. She stumbled beside them, "Where's Spencer?"

"Madi?" Hanna furrowed her brows, "You said you weren't coming."

"Where's Spencer?" Madison asked again.

"She went to the Lost Woods with Mona." Aria told her, "To find out what's in room two."