Hallucinations

When my vision returns to me, I'm not in the apartment anymore

When my vision returns to me, I'm not in the apartment anymore... I'm back at the old training grounds... and when I say old... I mean from when I was human. 1000 years ago.

"What the hell." I murmur to myself as I walk into the roofless structure. Klaus, Elijah and Kol are all practising sword fighting... but they aren't vampires. They are human. Probably around 16 years old.

"What's... going on." I ask no one in particular, my head aching as I try to figure out how I got here but they ignore me. Something in my mind telling me I'm in pain but not actually being able to feel it.

"Emily." Elijah greets me happily and I turn to look over at him. "How did-" "Hello Elijah." I hear a scarily familiar voice ask from behind me and I turn around to see... Me as a young human.

"Let me show you, boys, how it's done" younger me says and they chuckle as I pick up a sword evening out the weight even though I'm clearly having a bit of trouble holding it, I was never the strongest of the bunch.

I hit the sword out of Elijah's hand through pure luck taking him off guard. "That's not fair I was not ready." he tells me and my younger self laughs rolling her eyes.

"How else am I going to beat you?" I tell him as he picks up his sword. "Leave the fighting to the men Emily you would not want to hurt yourself." Klaus tells me, not as an insult but as a warning but young me is stubborn and I scoff holding my sword up in a ready position.

"I'm not going to fight you." he says laughing and I swing my sword loosely near him and he blocks I swing again and he grabs my hand chuckling and hugs me from behind grabbing my sword and I huff disarming him with magic before running out of the centre.

It's strange seeing things happen from a third point of view.

I watch as the scene plays out in front of me like a movie of the Mikaelson family and I growing up together. At one point I find out Klaus is in love with me... but I didn't feel the same until I was about 20 and by then it was all about Tatia and I felt something for his older brother who also had feelings for my sister. Out of respect for my sister, nothing happened between me and Klaus or Elijah. Publicly. For a long time. It was complicated. Unnecessary complicated.

Suddenly a surge of pain erupts through my body and e unable to see hear or even think for a few moments.

I groan waking up looking around to see a twenties dance and I get up from the ground and I dance around blending into the crowded room with a shot of alcohol in my hand. The music changes to a slower song and as someone tries to partner with me a push them off and go sit at the bar. I remember this. This is when I met Stefan...

The bartender walks over to me. "What can I get you sweetheart?" she asks and I ask for another shot like what I did last time. I look to my left to see Stefan on the other side of the room looking at me and I smirk flirtatiously waving at him and the vampire speeds over.