Waiting for death

Damon and I are sitting next to each other on the floor up against a car

Damon and I are sitting next to each other on the floor up against a car. "You know you don't have to stay here. You watching me die isn't exactly on my bucket list" Damon says and I look to him.

"Well... That's to bad" I say not having the mental energy to say anything smart or funny or non depressant inducing.

"Look Damon. I'm sorry for.. a lot of things I've done in my life, including hurting you and your brother and to be honest... at first I didn't get you two I mean Elena was screwing around with both of you and neither of you cared but... I guess I didn't notice how strong your brotherly bond was and to be honest in a way I really respect how much you too have gone through and come back from together" I say standing up.

"But. I need to get back to my family" I say speeding back to mystic falls as fast as my original legs can take me and before I can get to Elijah I'm stopped by Tyler.

"W-what do you want!" I say and he steps back. "Woah...sorry. Are you alright?" He asks and I take a deep breath.

"Yes Tyler. I'm fucking wonderful! What does it look like!" I snap at him even though I know it's not his fault.

"Hey it's alright... do you want to talk?" He asks and I scoff. "I'd suggest you spend some time with your girlfriend. It's going to be your last few minutes of living and possibly hers as well... I'm... Alaric killed Klaus and your in his sire line so..." I say looking away from Tyler.

"I'm-"

"Look Tyler. I've got to go- so if you and your friends aren't going to kill more people I love then you should back off before I kill you myself" I say getting increasingly angry and I see Rebecca in the distance making me speed over to her and I hear Tyler yelling in the background but I ignore it not caring.

"Rebecca" I say and she runs over and hugs me. "He's gone, he is really gone!" She cries clinging onto me and I hug her bag.

"I-I'm so sorry" I say and then Elijah walks over to us and As soon as I see him I instantly feel even worse. I should have been able to stop Alaric. I'm a fucking hybrid but I can't stop a fucking history teacher.

"I'm sorry Elijah- I-I-" I return to stuttering and Elijah walks over and hugs me making me start to cry feeling worse and worse by the second that I could have stopped the only people I care about from loosing a brother.

He pulls away and so do I. "I just got word that Tyler Lockwood is dead-" he starts and I feel a bit bad that the last thing anyone said to him was a death threat "-but the others are all still alive" Elijah says and I shake my head.

"How is that possible?" I ask a part of me still holding out hope it means there is a chance Klaus is still alive.

"It must mean you sired Katherine" Elijah says destroying my hope and I nod. "Yeah" I say weakly then Elijah looks to me.