Desiccation

I walk into the Salvatore boarding house to see Damon pinning Katarina to a wall

I walk into the Salvatore boarding house to see Damon pinning Katarina to a wall. "I thought this wasn't a thing anymore?" I murmur to myself. Katarina puts on a mimicked Elena-like expression.

"You think I'm Katherine? Katherine's in the tomb isn't she?" Katarina asks and I lean against the wall, watching the scene in amusement as Stefan comes down.

"What the hell is going on here?" Stefan asks and Damon takes a step back from Katarina. "I don't know you tell me is Katherine in the tomb or not?" She asks and Stefan speeds upstairs all dramatically so I grab Katarina, speeding upstairs with her.

"It's really not that hard to tell Stef-Stef ones an attention whore then Katarinas only 50% a lying bitch. 35 on a good day... and then Elena's just a bit annoying. Rather stubborn too. But that seems to be a trait of all doppelgängers." I say looking at Katarina while putting my arm on her shoulder and she sighs. She can be 35% sometimes.

"At least someone recognizes me." she says and Stefan lets go of Elena who he had thought was Katherine. "It's getting really easy being you." Katerina says looking at Elena who is looking at me with an expectant expression. As if I'm the one who needs to provide an explanation for all this.

"If you didn't want her out you shouldn't have daggered Elijah." I say carelessly, speeding downstairs to sit on the couch. After a couple of seconds, everyone else joins me in a woosh of vampire speed. Elena being dragged along of course.

"How is that possible?" Elena asks, steadying herself from being sped suddenly while Katarina sits down next to me. She smirks confidently, knowing that so long as I am here they can't do anything to her. She's stronger than them on her own, with me here it would be a slaughter.

I'm not the biggest fan of playing guard dog but so long as Katherine helps me I'll keep helping her. It's not as if after five hundred years of seeing one another semi-regularly I can say I dislike her company either.

"He's an original... they have all sorts of special skills." Katarina says, slinging her legs over my lap making me sigh in annoyance.

"Katarina is right about that... but long story short we are down one more person. Not to mention, that person just happened to be the main brain of the operation. I only really understand half the plan as well so now I'm stuck with you idiots." I say, not bothering to hide my frustration or obvious views of their inferiority. Elena glares at me but I ignore her when Katarina looks at me.

"Please call me Katherine. Katarina is so five hundred years ago." Katari-Katherine says and I shrug, adjusting my hair lazily. "Sure." I agree without much concern and Elena shakes her head.

"Are you friends with her?- because Rose said Katherine betrayed you when you and Klaus were trying to break the curse. She thought you two hated each other." Elena asks and I click my tongue in agreement, looking to Katherine to see if she wants to put in her thoughts on the matter.