Prologue

Eira's P.O.V

When I was a little girl, I lived in a small village, had a dalish mother and non-dalish father who both loved me like there was no tomorrow, and no I didn't grow up in a dalish  village.

I used to have the best life a child could ask for. Until when I became seven years old they came...

Slavers took us one by one. No one escaped from them. And I watched those who tried and they got either beaten or killed.
Seven years as a slave ever since that day, my mother died of illness and I was bought by another slaver and they literally took me from my father's arms. My father tried to fight back and reach out for me as I tried to do the same. But I was yank by the hair and a knife was held to my neck.
"Stay down", the soldier said as his fist that yanked my hair was more tighter as the knife went deeper in my neck" or I will slit your daughter's lovely neck." I would've sworn that I felt blood dripping down my neck as I winced and whimpered.

Eira's father P.O.V

As I saw my daughter's blood drip from her neck, I would sworn felt tear shed from my eye as she shed a tear herself.

"Father..Please"

As she whimpered those words I did what the soldier said and then I panted "I beg you, please don't." Than the man smiled as loosen the grip of my daughter's long raven hair and tooked the knife away from her neck then he said a low amused voice "Good".

She quickly crawled to me with tearful smile on her face, then I had the same tearful smile on my face.

Soldier's P.O.V.

As the elven girl crawled to her pathetic and weak father, I tilted my head to signal the other soldiers. And just before she got to him, one of the soldiers yanked his hair back and slit his throat. And the squirted on the girl's fair face.

" Eira... I..l-love you." then the man fell flat on his face so hard, I heard his nose break as he died.

Then the girl screamed "No, father. Please don't die.", then she collapsed into tears. Then laughed about pathetic it was for her to beg her father not to die when he is already dead. Then I charged towards the girl. I thought her wouldn't mind if I "had my way with her" for a little bit. But before I could touch her, her bloody buyer had come in to retrieve her. But luckily I worked for her.

Eira's P.O.V

As I cried over my father's dead body, I thought to myself 'I wish they never attacked us that day '.
Then I was taken away.