Chapter 34: Back Home

Fenris's P.O.V.

It was nightfall, I was carrying Abel to his new bedroom. He was sleeping with his head on my shoulder and his arms around my neck. He groaned sleepily the same way he did when he was just a tiny little baby. I smiled at how precious it was.

We finally made it to his new room. I walked towards his bed and gently set him down without waking him up. He groaned sleepily again and curled himself into a tight little ball. I covered him up with a couple layers of warm blankets, tucked him in, and kissed him on the side of his head. He moved a little which looked like he was trying to make himself comfortable. I was about to leave the room until I heard a, "Papa ?".

I turned to Abel and said,"Yes ?".

"I love you.", he cooed.

" I love you too.",I said in return then closed the door as I left the room. I meant what I said when I said that I loved him. He meant the world to me just like his beautiful mother. It would kill me to lose him and his mother.

I went to the room where I told Varania she could sleep. I saw her making herself at home. "Need a hand ?", I asked. She saw me standing at the doorway. " No Leto. I am fine, but thanks for the offer.",she answered and went back to what she was doing.

"Alright, let me know if you do.", I responded before I was about to leave.

" Oh and Varania ?",I said.

" Yes ?", she responded.

" Thank you for being there for my family when I wasn't. ",I said.

She smiled as she said," Your welcome. ". I smiled back then left.

I went to me and Eira's room where she was waiting for me.

Eira's P.O.V.

I was just about done putting on my nightgown. Then all of a sudden I felt arms wrap around me and kiss on my shoulder.

" Hello,my beautiful wife.", I heard a gentle and familiar voice say as I felt another kiss on my neck. I smiled and laughed a little as I said, "Hello,my handsome husband.". I placed my hand on his cheek as I turned my head and kissed him on the lips. He held my hand while we were both kissing each other.

We stopped for a brief moment then turned my body around. He held my cheeks and I embraced him as he kissed me again. We kissed for a brief moment and stopped. Our foreheads were against each others and then we looked back at each other. He whispered to me," You are so rare and beautiful.".

I smiled with my eyelids half closed and we kissed each other again. We backed up to the bed as we both kissed each other. He set me down on they bed as we both kept kissing each other. He stopped and smiled at me. I smiled back at him. He stroked my cheek and then set his head on my chest. I combed my fingers through his hair and kissed him on the head.

"Danarius is dead now.", he murmured.

"I know.", I responded," You're free now.".

"That's the thing,Eira.", he looked up at me," What do I do now ? I never really thought this would even happen. I never even thought that I have family of my own before I met you. ".

"Maybe there's just nothing holding you back anymore. You accomplished the one goal that has been on your mind so long you never think on what to do after it is done. Some people are like that, you know ?", I said to him.

He chuckled a little," I suppose you make a good point, Eira. But where does that lead us ?". He raised above me in the middle of the second sentence.

"Wherever it leads", I put my hand on his cheek," I hope it means that we'll stay together.

He held my as he said with a sweet smile,"That is my hope as well.".

He kissed me again but much more gently than before. Then we heard a small knock on the door."I'll check.",he said.

"Okay.", I said before he kissed me on the forehead just as softly as he kissed me on the lips. He walked to the door and opened it.

Fenris's P.O.V.

I looked around and no on was there. I looked down and saw Abel looking up at he." Can I stay with you and mama tonight ? I'm not used to sleeping alone.",he said. I smiled and picked him up and said,"Of course you can.". I carried him to our bed and he crawled in between us as I came in bed with my wife and son. We stayed together for the rest of the night.