Chapter 27:"Take Them !"

Eira's P.O.V.

Nightfall...

I was upstairs in Fenris's room, holding Abel in my arms,rocking him until he went to sleep.

Then all of a sudden I heard a loud thud downstairs. Without thinking, I walked out of the room to open the front door. Then suddenly stopped,when realized that it wasn't him.

'Fenris wouldn't have knocked,he would've just walked in like he usually does. You never leave the place.',I thought.

When the knocking got louder,I immediately ran upstairs to Abel.

I got to him,quickly grabbed him and crawled under the bed while holding him close to me. I shushed him in hoping he would keep quiet. Thankfully, he did. Then I heard footsteps storming towards the room. I had my hand over my mouth so I wouldn't scream as I heard people enter the room. I saw at least five or four soldiers enter the room. Then I saw another man in a Tevinter robe holding a staff. He dark gray hair with a beard,brown eyes,wrinkles, and dark pale skin. He looked around,then one of the men said,"Looks like there is no one here,Danarius. ".

Danarius. Fenris told me about him before,he told all of the horrible things Danarius did to him when he was a slave,and what he might do to me and Abel if he caught us.

" I can see that.",he said, "This was yet another waste of my time. Let's leave this dump to the roaches.". Most of them left the room, but two of them stayed and kept looking around.

One of them came close,my heart was racing like crazy. I closed my tightly in hopes of them being gone when I open them. I saw no one.

I sighed in relief.

Then my heart stopped as I saw three men come close. I held Abel close when the bed was being lifted up.

I almost screamed when the man saw; I quickly crawled into the corner of the room,still holding Abel tightly. They all were just staring at me with unpleasant smiles on their faces. Their smiles reminded me of that night when Banden meant to 'take me'.

" Well now. What do we have here?",one of them said as he came close to me and Abel, I held him even tighter. Then one of the other men grabbed my arm;and pulled me up roughly making stand, then first man that came close took my son out of my arms. I tried fighting back,but they all the two men held me tighter. Abel was crying like crazy trying to reach out for me.

"Don't hurt him,please!", I begged as the man made a unpleasant grin on his face. He look back at me then at the other men,"What should we do with them ?", one of the others asked.
_________________________________

Danarius's P.O.V.

Just when me and my men were about to leave,I noticed that three of my men were gone. 'Where are those three idiots?', I thought to myself. Then I saw one of them coming downstairs and I noticed he had something on mind. Which was unexpected considering that no one is here in this damn place.Unless.......

" Sir,we have found someone, who might know where he is.".

'Oh,so this wasn't a waste of my time after all.', I thought.

"Not to mention she is quite the looker.",he said.

I rose an eyebrow," She ?",I repeated in a form of a question.

"Yes,sir.", he answered," Not to mention she has an infant. ".

'An infant ?",I thought,' Why would there be a woman and an infant be here ?'. Then I said," Bring them to me.".

"Yes,sir.", he responded.
____________________________________

Five minutes later....

They finally brought them to me.

I came close to the woman;and observed her,and he was right. She is quite the looker.

I couldn't see her eyes because she wouldn't look at me. I gripped on her jaw and chin,and made her look at me. When looked at her eye,they were just lovely. I wondered how she ended up here in this hole and with that infant.

Then I realized that there was a ring on her finger. A wedding ring to be exact.

I could tell already she had something to do with my runaway slave .Even the infant.

" Where is he ?",he I asked in a deep tone .She didn't answer.

I walked over to the man who held the infant and before I did anything else, I notice that the child had the woman's hair and pale skin. But when I look at the infant's eyes,they were just like Fenris's eyes. At that moment, I already knew who they were and what they had to do with my slave.

"I'm going to ask you this once again, and you and your boy will be left alone. Where is he?"

She didn't answer. I was about to loose my patience.

"Where is he !?", I yelled.

" I don't know. I swear. He never told me.",she said sounding like she was panicking .'Typical',I thought. But instead of thinking it was waist of my time, I thought of this being my advantage getting my slave back.

"What should we do with them, sir?", one of my men asked.

It took me only a few seconds just to answer that.

" Take them.".

Eira's P.O.V.

Oh no....

This can't be happening. I was praying and hoping this wasn't happening. But it was. At this moment, instead of thinking of my own life, I was thinking of Fenris and my son. They were the last people I thought about before everything went black.