Chapter 4: Questions

Eira's P.O.V

I woke up and for some weird I felt rather...comfortable. I looked around and found myself in a unfamiliar place. It looked like a bedroom. Then I realized that I wasn't feeling weak or sickly, like someone healed me while I was asleep.

"Good, you're finally awake. I thought you'd die in your sleep.",a man came in holding something that looked like some clothes. The man had short white hair, emerald green eyes, tan skin, and unusual strange markings on him.Not to mention his pointed ears, no doubt he was an elf too. He was wearing a long black jacket, black pants, iron gauntlets that look like claws,and black boots that were about knee high. He looked quite  handsome for someone with such strange markings." Who are you?", I asked as I gripped the blanket around me. He looked backed to me still holding the clothes. "My name is Fenris, you?" he answered.

"Eira..my name is Eira", I answered him back.

Fenris's P.O.V

Eira. What a lovely name. It suited her well, not to mention her eyes were lovely as well. They were green as a river but with a hint of sapphire blue in them.

"Pretty name.", I told her she looked down in a shy way which I thought was kind of adorable.

"Meredeth bought you these clothes, hope they fit you." I handed her the clothes, and just when I was about to head out she asked" Who's Meredeth ?", I turned to her then said " A friend. Trust me, you'll like her.". Then I left then closed the door behind me.

I went downstairs to tell her Eira's name. When I got down there, I caught her and Anders making out in the living room and they didn't even notice I was there until I cleared my throat.

Meredeth's P.O.V

"Oh Fenris, I'm sorry me and Anders were having a moment", I said while laughing.  Fenris rolled his eyes and said," I'm well aware about that. Just don't do it in my house anymore, for the love of the Maker".

"Will do. Any way is the girl awake and if so what's her name?" I asked Fenris.
"Yes, she's awake; and she said that her name was Eira."

"Eira, what pretty name.", I said.

Eira's P.O.V

I putted on the clothes that Fenris gave me, then I looked in the mirror to see how I looked. I was wearing a light aqua marine dress that went down to my ankles with sleeves that went down to my wrist that were a bit loose  but it fitted perfectly.
I went downstairs and then I gotten myself a little lost, then I looked around. Then I saw a woman with long ginger colored hair, almost tan skin, paridot green eyes, and looked like she was a bit bigger than me. And she was obviously a human. She was wearing a bluish-purple robe with red trim. She walked towards me. I got a little nervous when she was in front of me. And I was right she was taller than me.
" A-are you Meredeth? ", I asked her nervously then she nodded with a smile. The friendly kind of smiles that I haven't seen in.....years.
" I am", she said in a deep but bird like voice,"and you must be Eira. ". I nodded. Than she was about to put her arm behind me. I gasped in surprise." It's alright I won't hurt you.",she said. I let her put her arm behind me then I looked back at her.

"Come with me, Eira.", she said, I nodded as she led me to another room.
When we entered I saw Fenris, and another man with blonde hair formed in a pony tail with a few streaks of his hair popping out ;amber yellow eyes; and tan skin. He was wearing fur jacket that only went down to the middle of his torso, a yellow tunic under it, dark brown pants, and dark green knee high boots. And I noticed a few bandages on him.

" Eira, this is Anders, he's the one that healed you while you slept. ", Meredeth said as she led me to him."Glad to see you're alright, Eira." he said as he took my hand and shook it."Nice to meet you, Anders.",I said with a small smile on my face.
"And I'm pretty sure you already met Fenris, Eira.", I nodded to Meredeth as an agreement. Then Fenris walked towards me and then said"Nice meeting you, Eira.". I turn my face away shyly away from him then said " Nice to meet you too.". I blushed once I said those words.

Fenris's P.O.V

I notice that she was blushing when she said those words. I kept my face neutral as I possibly can because I thought it was too adorable to not even enjoy it at least a little bit. I tried my best not to crack a smile, thankfully I didn't.

"Shy aren't you,Eira?" I asked as she still looked away from me."Maybe.." she said still being shy and looking away from me."We'll leave you two be, I have to check on my little Bethany while Anders goes back to his clinic. ".

Eira's P.O.V

As they all left, I risked a glance up at Fenris's face. He just looked down at me without a hint of emotion in his eyes.

" Are you hungry ?"

"What ?", I said.

"I said are you hungry ?", he said sounding a little more terse but not angrily. I did feel a little peckish. I nodded, then he held out some bread then said "Here, it's a bit stale, but still good and I'm sure it's enough for you.". I hesitated a bit then took it then said," Thank you, Fenris. ".

As sat there and ate the bread, I noticed that he was staring at me the whole time. I risked a few glances at him.

" So Eira, how old are you ?", he asked. I looked at him then said, "I'm 20.".

" What about you, Fenris? How old are you?", I asked as he looked up like he was trying to remember his age then he finally answered,"25.".

" Were you always a slave before I met you or....", he said.

"No, not always. I used to live in a small village when I was little then my village was attacked by slavers. Everyone I knew there was bought by separate slavers or killed. But me and my parents were bought by the same slaver. Everyone I knew was gone. Seven years later,my mother died and I was bought by another slaver. Then my father died trying to take me back.", a tear shed from my eye as I looked down. He just stared at me with pity in his eyes.

" I understand how it feels to be a slave. I used to be one.", he said. I looked up at him to see if he was telling the truth.

"That's how I got these markings. Except the markings are one of reasons why I am not a slave.", he said.

" How did you become a slave ?",I asked.

He looked back at me. Then he said,"I can't remember. When I received these markings, the agony wiped away everything. Whatever life I had before I became a slave is gone.".

There was certain pain in his eyes as he said it. That's when I realized he was telling the truth.

And that's when I felt immediate sorrow for him.