Chapter 10: First Date

Eira's P. O.V

As I closed the door I had tears in my eyes as I smiled widely. I was crying tears of joy. I wanted to look nice. I know it was just a walk, but I just wanted to.... I don't know actually. I guess this is what it feels like when a boy asks a girl to do something with him. I looked in my drawer picked out a long dark blue dress that I am sure he might like.
_________________________________

I went downstairs to see Fenris waiting for me. I caught him strangely walking around in circles with a big smile on his face. He stopped, looking embarrassed as he saw me catching him doing what he did. He blushed. I covered my mouth as I giggled, then said "What are you doing ?", he just stood there and paused for a few moments.

Then finally said," Nothing.".

I laughed a little knowing he wasn't telling the truth. He gave a shy smile and blushed. He started pulling himself together and cleared his throat.

"Are you ready ?", he said finally after being silent. I nodded, he smiled. Then we both headed out the backdoor.
_________________________________

Fenris's P. O.V.

Once we stepped out side, I said to her " Follow me.", she nodded.

I led her towards a dark trail between two trees. She stopped in her place. "What's wrong ?", I asked feeling a bit concerned for her. She looked a little scared when she saw the trail. She looked back at me. " I don't like the dark.", she said sounding like she was going to panic if she got a closer. I took her hand. "Close your eyes and don't open them until I tell you, okay ?", I told her in attempt to calm her. She nodded then closed her eyes.

Then I led her into the trail.
_________________________________

I stopped near a lake, in the middle of tall green grass that went up to the of my middle thigh, and was lighten by the full moon's light.

" You can open your eyes now.", I said to her. She opened her eyes and looked around her.

She stopped looking around when she saw a bug on her hand. I took her wrist and blew the bug on her until it glowed. Her eyes widen. I let go of her wrist she watched the bug fly away. "There's more.", I told her. I crouched down shaking the grass around us as more fireflies lit up.

She smiled as she saw the fireflies flew around her. I smiled as I watched her trying to catch one. I thought it was just so cute of her trying to catch a firefly.

She tripped then I caught her. Then I fell on my back as she fell on me. We both laughed. Then she looked down at me." Are you okay, Fenris ?", she laughed and was still smiling.

"Of course, I've never been better.", I answered while still laughing and smiling. We stayed like that for a moment. A lock of her long raven hair was out. I tucked it behind her ear. Then she lowered herself on me. And had her head under my chin. I thought it was quite comforting then I wrapped my arms around her. And we been like for while, I was hoping this moment would last forever.
_________________________________

We both left the place. And before we headed back inside, picked a(n) orchid out of the ground. I tucked the orchid in her hair. She smiled the same way she did when I saw her smile the first time." It's beautiful, Fenris, thank you.", she said.

' Your beautiful .', but didn't say it. I wanted to, but I didn't.

"Your welcome.", I said as I smiled. Then we went inside.
_________________________________

Eira's P. O.V

We headed to the main hall. Just before we were going upstairs...

" Thank you.", I said. Fenris looked back at me.

"For what ?", he asked.

" For the most wonderful time.", I answered as I smiled at him. He smiled back in return.

"Well.... Thank you, for letting me have the chance and the wonderful time I had.", he said, in return as well.

I smiled," Your welcome. ".
_________________________________

He escorted me to my room. Just when opened the door I turned around to Fenris. " Goodnight, Fenris. ",I said as I smiled at him.

" Goodnight, Eira..... ",he said in a strangely way. He said it like he thought of something and he was being shy about it. Grabbed my arms slowly and tugged me a little closer to him. He didn't anything else but stare. My heart was racing. Then pulled me into a tight embrace. His face was at my neck and arms were around me tight and protectively. I wrapped my arms around him in return. Then he let go of the embrace as did I.

He cupped my face in between his hands. Then his lips touched my forehead,gently. He looked back at me with a smile on his face.

" Sleep well, Eira.",he said with the smile still on his face. I nodded with the same smile he had on my face. I went in my room, closed the door behind me. I was still smiling,I had my back against the door.

'I love you, Fenris.',but I never said the words.
_________________________________

Fenris's P. O.V.

As Eira closed her door, I walked to my room; with a smile still on my face.

I went in my room,closed the door, lied flat on my back on my bed, staring at the ceiling, and still smiling. And thinking about the wonderful moment we had.

'I love you, Eira.",but I didn't say it. And yet I wanted to.