Chapter 23: Midnight Call

(Short_chapter)

Eira's P.O.V.

I woke up in the middle of the night when heard crying. I groaned tiredly as I sat up and looked over the bed. And I see Abel crying in his cradle. Then Fenris woke up tiredly then sat up.

"I got him .", he said as he got off the bed and walked towards Abel.

Fenris picked him up and tried bouncing him a little. But Abel still kept crying. 'He's probably hungry.', I thought.

" I think he wants to be fed.",I said as Fenris was still trying to calm Abel down. Fenris looked at me then said,"I think so too.". He walked to the other side of the bed,standing next to me, then putted Abel in my arms.

I pulled the straps of my nightgown off, then Abel's head up to my chest. Then Abel was feeding. Fenris crawled on the bed next to me and kissed the top off my shoulder.

Fenris held Abel's tiny hand as I felt a few drops of warm tears on my shoulder. "He's got a tight grip. Just like me.", he said.

"Yes,indeed he does.",I responded.

Abel stopped feeding then fell fast asleep again. I straighten up my nightgown, then I was starting to get up and put Abel back in his cradle. But I was stopped when Fenris had his arm around my waist.

"Can he just sleep in bed with us ?", he asked.

I nodded then he smiled and kissed me gently on the lips.
_________________________________

We had Abel sleep between us until sunrise. I had my hand on Abel's torso, while Fenris held his hand.

We all slept peacefully and dreamlessly.