Chapter 32: Reunited Part I, A Small Trance

Eira's P.O.V.

Varania comforted me as I cried hoping that Abel was still alright and he wasn't sold or put into Danarius's slavery. Or worse...

Then we heard the cell door open. We both saw Danarius walking along with a soldier carrying Abel. I didn't show but I was thrilled to see him but almost instantly after I noticed something wasn't right. I looked at Abel and I noticed how he was breathing; light and slow as if he was exhausted, his eyes closed, his body was limp and fatigued, and I also noticed his markings. They were almost like Fenris's markings.

The soldier placed Abel flat on his back in front of us. We instantly crawled to him. Tears ran down from my eyes as I held him close. He groaned a little, and he looked so exhausted, so tired and he even sounded like he was hurt badly.

"What have you done ? What did you do to my darling nephew ?", Varania said furiously. I held Abel tighter still crying but without making a sound.

Danarius didn't answer.

I didn't look at him, I only had my eyes closed tight;tighter than how I held Abel.

" Answer me !",Varania yelled furiously. Danarius only chuckled as a response.

"Isn't obvious. I did the same thing to him that I did to Fenris. I'm sure that will get his attention.", he chuckled. Varania only growled.

Then I heard him and the soldier leave.

Varania's P.O.V.

" Bastard !",I screamed. After the soldier and that heartless bastard left;thank the Maker he did, I looked back at Abel and Eira. My poor nephew, I can't imagine the pain he's been going through when received those markings.

Eira started to massage his cheek with her thumb. "Please wake up,sweetheart. Please. Please wake up. Do it for mommy, my sweet.", she begged him. She kept on massaging him until he started to groan again and shake his head a little.

Eira's P.O.V.

My breath shook as I saw his eye lids slightly open." Mama ?",he groaned tiredly. My breath shook again, keeping my palm to his cheek."Mama is that you ?",he groaned tiredly again. I smiled as I cried knowing he's alright. "Yes, it's me. I'm right here.",I panted.

I felt my heart pound harder in my chest as I saw him start to cry." Mama...",he said crying, "It hurts mama.",I was confused when he said that something was hurting him, being the worried mother I am I wanted to know what was hurting my precious child."What's hurting, sweetheart ?",I asked.

" It's the markings. ",Varania said. I looked up to her confused." The markings are what's hurting him.",she said. I looked back at him. He kept on crying then said, "Please make it stop, mama. Please. Please just make it stop. It hurts so much.". I didn't know what to do, I wanted to make his pain stop. I my eyes began to water again as I looked back at Varania. She looked worried then she said," I could put him in a small trance. It'll put him back to sleep. It won't entirely ease the pain,but he won't feel pain once he wakes up at the exact time the trance is done.".

"When will it be done ?", I asked.

" When the pain is finally dies down. At least enough for him to move.",she answers.

"When will it die down ?", I asked.

" I'm not entirely sure. In a few weeks possibly. He won't be energetic as he used to when he wakes up but eventually he'll be fine again.",she said. I looked at Abel he was tossing and turning while still crying." Mama please.",he begged. All could do was look at him with sadness. I didn't want him to hurt anymore.

I gave Varania a nod letting her know that she has my permission.

The tips of her fingers started glowing a very brilliant blue. Then she pushed her fingers against his forehead, finally he started to calm down and sleep.

I lifted his head a little just enough to kiss his forehead. Then I looked at him again and stroked his cheek.

Varania ruffled his raven hair a little. "He'll be fine, I'm sure.", she said. My eyes started to water a little again." How can you be sure ? They tortured an innocent boy. Oh wait actually, my innocent boy !",I cried.

She placed the palm of her right hand on my cheek. I looked at her still watery in my eyes."Have faith Eira",she said softly, "Abel will be better. He will see his father again. I'm sure of it.".

" I always do, Varania. I just feel like I am loosing it all over again.", I replied stroking my boy's locks away from his face. He looked so peaceful in his slumbering trance as if nothing really happened, yet I knew that something has happened. It endlessly always has and always will happen. Nothing more, there's always going to be something happening everyday even when you're not there.