18. My kids

Maan's pov:

I said, "Answer me dammit. Are they our kids?"

She said, "Yes. They are our kids."

My kids? My kids. How could she do this to me? How can she hide my kids from me? Does she hate me that much? Whatever it is she doesn't have any right to keep my kids away from me.

I said, "How old are they?"

She said, "They will be of three years in two months"

I was in trance. Three years. I lost three years life of my children. I lost the opportunity of being with them when they took their first step, their first word, to see them growing up. All this because of Jiya. What I did was so wrong that she thought keeping my children away from me is okay? Do I deserve this?

She placed hand on my shoulder and said, "Are you okay?"

Okay..? She thinks I will be okay after knowing that I have children and they are kept away from me for three years. If today my boy Ruhaan didn't come and talk to me then Will she ever tell me? She hid them from me in London as well.

I said, "Do I look okay? After what you did you expect me to be okay?"

"TELL ME" I shouted. She flinched and retrieved her hand back. She moved back.

I walked towards her and got hold of her arms. I asked, "Why did you do this to me? Why?"

She looked down but didn't say anything.

I said, "Tell me damn it. Why? Do you hate me that much?"

She lifted her head and shook her head in no.

She said, "No. I don't hate you. I can never hate you. It's not in me."

I looked into her eyes and I know she is not lying.

I said, "Then why?" I moved away from her and turned back. Her tears are making me weak. I can't allow that this is about my children. I will not back down. I said, "Then why you hid my children from me? Why?"

She said, "I wanted to tell you that I am pregnant but I came to know you are getting married to Maahi so I didn't want to disturb your new life."

I turned around and said, "but we didn't get married. It was all in news. Don't tell me you are not aware of it. Whole world knows that Zaan married Maahi not me."

I said, "Maan we can't be together. We were about to get divorced. I just don't want to complicate things. I know you love kids. If you would have known about kids then It will be difficult for you to move on. I have already given you so much pain. I just don't want to add more to it. You are marrying Samaira. She might not be able accept them as her kids. I don't want anyone to suffer. If it's in my hands then I would have never allowed it to happen. Now that you know about kids You can visit them whenever you want. I will not keep you away from them."

I smiled sarcastically and said, "Visit? There is no way that I am gonna miss on more second in their life. My kids are going to stay with me."

She looked shocked and came closer to me. She said, "Maan you can't do this. Why don't you understand? Do you really think Samaira will accept them? Maan they have grown up with me. They are very close to me. They just can't live without me."

I said, "They will learn to live without you. I also thought that I can't live without you but I am doing fine, right? Same way they will also be fine"

She got hold of my collar in her hand and said, "You can't do this to me. I can't live without them. They are my only reason left for me to live. Please. Please don't separate them from me, Maan."