38. Promise

Jiya's pov:

Ilhan said,"Jiya I was just testing that if I have some chance so are you divorcing your husband?"

I said,"Shut up. I am very happy with my husband. "

His face really paled? or I am just assuming?

He said,"Oh is it? That's good so who is your husband?"

I said,"Maan Khan"

He said,"You mean the Maan who owns Khan industries?"

I said,"yeah he is the one"

He said,"but he got engaged to Samaira Sheikh, daughter of Suleiman sheikh few days back"

It hurts to hear that but I can't tell him anything about my life.

I said,"It's just- I mean he is my husband we had a little misunderstanding but now everything is fine"

He said," but I have seen him with many girls since two years"

This got my attention.

I said,"What? Whom? Maan? No way he is not like that."

He said," I am not bluffing. I can show you pictures."

He showed me some party pics where Maan came to party with different girls every time.

I was shocked. I didn't knew about this.

I said,"It's all in the past. We are good now. "

He said,"If you say so."

I said,"Do you know any grocery store nearby? I need to get the milk."

He said," It's little far from here. I can accompany you there."

I said,"No I can manage."

He said,"No it's okay. Anyway I have nothing to do. I am free today."

I said,"No no. It's okay. I will talk with you later. "

He left and I started preparing lunch. I called Maan to bring milk while he was coming home.

At lunch time Ilhan came and asked to join us for lunch.

I am feeling weird in his presence but may be he is just too friendly and I am thinking too much.

In the evening, Maan came and also brought toys for kids. He keeps buying gifts for kids. I have to talk with him. Just yesterday he brought and again today. It's not good. They have many toys already. Maan spent some time with kids and then after dinner we went to kids room. After they slept we went to our room.

Maan said,"You are zoing out a lot today. Why? What happened?"

I said,"Why are you buying so many toys for kids? They already have enough. "

He said," I like the smile on their lips why they receive toys from me."

I said," I know but they should learn to take care of things which they have. If you keep buying toys for them then they will become careless with it"

He said,"okay baba. I understand what you mean to say. I will be careful from now on so smile"

I said,"Maan Arham need to go to scho-"

He said,"Yeah yeah I remember and I talked in best school of Mumbai. He has interview tomorrow. I will take him with me. Sorry I didn't tell you it skipped my mind."

I said,"Tomorrow? But you should have told me. He didn't prepare anything "

He said,"It's just a formality. He already got admission there. Jiya, I think we should join Ruhaan and Aarzoo also in pre school"