And If... You let me live ?

•Chapter 1.

___________

TINASHE'S POV:

⥭ Present Day ⥬

"Two fucking hours." I groaned as I checked my watch for the umpteenth time, growing more frustrated and impatient within the seconds.

How could he do this to his own son ? How could he make him wait for that long ? If it wasn't for RJ, we would have left a long time ago, but my baby didn't want to leave. He was sure and certain that his father was going to come, contrary to me, who knew that he must have forgotten his son, although it was his time to have him. He even bothered me all day yesterday, so I wouldn't forget.

I sighed loudly, looking around the mall's parking lot. I was outside, leaning against my car and RJ was inside, in the backseat, playing on his iPad, which was a gift from his dear father. I was against it, but he bought it anyways.

Richard was always spoiling his son as if it was an hobby of his. In a certain way, I was happy about this because he was taking care of him in every aspect of this term, but I didn't want my child to think that everything in life was easy to get just because daddy will get it for you anyways. I wanted him to learn the real values of life.

Things aren't always going your way and you can't have everything just by snapping your fingers. Hard work always pays off.

I looked at the time once again, giving myself two minutes before to blow up his phone. I already called him when I picked up RJ from school to let him know that we were on our way to meet him. Since he was still in meetings, I decided to spend some time in the mall in the meantime. I told him to call us as soon as he was done, what he did and now here we were. How are you giving me a time to meet up, and you're still coming late ?

Where was he at ?

I was tired and I wanted to go. It wasn't his first time, but it had never been that long. I sighed again, and finally gave up, for the both of us. I didn't care if RJ still wanted to wait, because I didn't have more time to waste. Life was too short for that. As I was opening my door, I suddenly heard an horn, making me turn around. A red convertible Ferrari, that I recognized to be Richard's, was rolling towards us. He parked next to me, cut the engine off, then got out. He was dressed in a black suit, which wasn't his usual attire, but I always thought he looked good in them. He personally preferred to be in sweatpants, t-shirts and sneakers; what was my preference for him too.

He smiled, coming towards my car, as I fought the urge to hit him by folding my arms over my chest. Seeing my face, he instantly dropped his smile as he quickly rolled his eyes.

"You are late. What were you doing ? " I asked, without greeting him. He didn't deserve my politeness.

He shoved his hands in his pants pockets, "sorry. There were fans and I couldn't ju--"

I cut him off immediately, not here to hear his stories about his groupies. I frankly didn't care, "so...to my understanding, you'd rather make your own son wait for two hours than leaving your groupies behind. You don't respect your engagements. Fans over your son, that's it. Should I applaud ? " I asked ironically. I knew how important the fans were and I knew it was important for him to show his appreciation, but his son should always come first, no matter what.

"No, of course not ! You're not even making sense right now. I don't have time for this. Where's my child ? "

I rolled my eyes and opened the backseat door, to let RJ out. "Baby, daddy is finally here."