And If... We just chill ?

•Chapter 24.

_______________

RICHARD'S POV:

It'd been a week since the shooting at the basketball court and Mr. Kash was nowhere to be found. Well, according to his wife he was supposed to be on a business trip, but I knew it wasn't true.

I knew he was coming with something else, and with this man you could expect anything. We reported the shooting, got our restraining orders and were in the process to get the bodyguards, but I didn't feel that safe knowing how that psycho man could be. And it turned out to be more complicated than we thought to build that case against him. I mean, just to get those restraining order was a pain in the ass because we didn't have enough evidence to prove that Mr. Kash represented a danger for us, but being a celebrity has its perks. 

We'd been stressed this past week about this whole situation, so I thought it would be good for our sanity to take break from everything and relax a little bit.

I was actually at Tina's house, cooking dinner for RJ and I, while she was out there having fun with her little sister. Tinashe and I were getting closer more and more as the days were going, and it seemed like it didn't bother much RJ. I knew he could see the changes in our behaviors though, because we were flirting a lot. We couldn't help it, and it felt like we were back to our old selves.

We were smiling, laughing and touching each other more. Those past two days, we found ourselves cuddling more than once. Did we kiss ? Yes, but it was nothing serious. It was more like little pecks here and there. What I liked the most about our rapprochement was that it never felt forced, everything was happening naturally and none of us felt weird about this.

"Is the food ready ? " RJ came in the kitchen and sat at the counter, crossing his arms on it and putting his head over them.

"Almost. Did you finish your homework ? "

"Yes, they were easy. Can I ask you a question ? " he raised his head off his arms, looking directly at me.

"Uh, yes." I was a bit skeptical, knowing how blunt kids could be sometimes, mainly mine.

"Are you spending the night again ? " he asked, making me drop the spatula I had in my hands.

Damn, I exclaimed in my head. I came last night and fell asleep, then sneaked out early in the morning, thinking that I was slick but it seemed like this little boy had eyes everywhere. We really didn't want him to be confused because of our current situation, mainly when we weren't even sure where exactly we were going with our relationship.

Yes, there was still this possibility of us not working out after all. It was hard to accept it, but it was nothing else but reality. With the things we went through, a lot was broken in our relationship and it couldn't be repaired overnight. We could make it through, or not.

"Uh...do you want me to ? " I asked, not knowing what to say.

"Would you ? " His face lightened up.

"Uh, yes, if you want."

"Can you stay for the weekend too ? "

"So, you want me to stay here from the entire weekend ? " I asked to be sure.

He nodded frenetically, "it would be so cool ! We can have movie night, be together all the time and finally be a real family ! I've been waiting for it ! " He threw his hands up in victory.

I couldn't help but chuckle and wonder how old my son was again. He was too grown, "I'll ask your mom."

"Yeah, don't forget."