And If... You stay here with me ? | Pt. 1

•Chapter 17.

___________________

TINASHE'S POV:

Since I couldn't sleep, I was now in my living room, stuffing my face with food, and I had a facial mask on. I was starting with ice cream, Cookie Dough from Ben&Jerry's to be exact, which was my favorite dessert. I had other snacks on my coffee table and I couldn't wait to eat all of this.

I was glad RJ wasn't with me tonight, because I didn't know if I would've been able to keep on a poker face so he wouldn't get worried. He was at Nǎinai's with Dorian and Kavon.

But I was seeing him tomorrow, so I had to get it together.

I sighed as I lost focus on the movie I was watching, which was Men In Black 3. Like I said multiple times before, I didn't need a man and I will get one the day I'll feel like wanting one. And I was saying all of this, claiming up and down that I was so satisfied with my single life, but the truth was that I sometimes wish I had a man, mainly after an event like this one.

I had nobody to cuddle me, to talk to and to comfort me, what I truly needed right now. I needed someone to hug me and to tell me that everything was going to be alright. Someone I would feel safe with. Without RJ here, this house seemed so big and I didn't feel comfortable being here all by myself tonight.

In addition, the weather wasn't helping as an heavy rain was falling on us, seeming to plunge the city in an ocean. It was loud also, what wasn't bothering me that much usually because it was helpful to fall asleep, but tonight wasn't the case.

I hesitated at least three times to dial Richard's number and ask him to come here because I was scared, but I didn't do it. I couldn't do it. We were exes and only co-parenting. He was just the father of my child.

Digging my spoon in my bowl, I was suddenly interrupted when my doorbell rang.

I frowned, getting scared instantly. Was he here ? Did he follow me ? I felt like crying again, but I kept myself together and ran to the kitchen to grab a weapon to defend myself. He wasn't catching me sleeping again. I made a quick prayer and went to answer the door. To my relief, it wasn't Michael but Zabeth.

"Oh, Lord." I mumbled, passing my hand in my hair.

"Do you often answer the door with a butcher knife in your hands ? " She asked with wide eyes.

"Oh, oops." I put it on the dresser in the entry.

I then heard her sniff, "can I come in ? Please."

I slightly frowned, then focused on her face. Yes, she was crying and for what ? That, I was going to find out very soon. "Of course, come." I urged her in the house. I made sure to lock the door behind her, then I helped her to get her dark blue and wet raincoat off since it seemed like she had difficulties to do it by herself. I then noticed a bruise on her neck.

We went in the living room, where I offered her a drink and some food, what she accepted.

"Thank you so much. I'm sorry if I'm bothering you, but I had to come and talk to you."

"No problem, girl." I abruptly stopped what I was doing, suddenly remembering that she was supposed to be sick as a dog, but she didn't look sick at all. Sad and shaken up, but not sick. "Are you okay ? "

She put her glass down, "you were right about Michael."

I gasped, "what happened ? "

She bit on her bottom lip, fiddling with her fingers. "I told him that I was done messing with him, and he didn't really like it. We got into an argument and things escalated so quickly." She looked down at her lap before putting her braids into a bun, letting me see her face better and the bruises she got on. She also showed me her arms and stomach, all covered with bruises. It looked terrible.