And If... I let you know ?

•Chapter 19.

________________

RICHARD'S POV:

The amount of anger I had inside right now was ridiculous. I'd been working on it for a long ass time and thought that I was doing well with it, but the fact that just one little thing could get me in this state was showing me that maybe I didn't progress as much as I thought.

Well, it wasn't like it was actually some little thing. Someone threatened Tinashe and dared to touch her inappropriately. No matter how many times we were arguing and how things went with our relationship, I will always care for her, and not just because she was the mother of my child.

I will always have a soft spot for this woman, no matter what. She was my very first love, meaning my heart was once hers. We went through so much together, she was my best friend and the only person I was able to open up to besides Nǎinai.

I would never be cool knowing that somebody hurt her. I already and badly failed her six years ago, and I felt like I did it again by letting this happen to her. I knew I couldn't control everything, and that I wasn't a superhero, but I still felt like I could've done something to protect her.

It was my mission to protect my family.

He choked her and tried to kill her. He threatened her with a fucking pocket knife. He touched her without her consent. He kissed her neck. He made her cry. He hurt her.

And she deserved none of that.

I turned my head, looking at her. She was acting as if she was interested by the movie, but I knew she wasn't even paying attention. She was sitting Indian style, fiddling with her fingers and biting on her bottom lip, meaning that she was thinking.

Everybody was always saying that RJ got everything from me, but his cuteness was in fact coming from Tinashe, mainly when they were focused on something.

My anger lowered a bit as I continued to stare at her.

"Do I have something on my face ? " She asked, squinting her eyes, as if she was trying to read me.

I slowly shook my head, "no."

"Then why are you looking at me like this ? " She looked at me with questionable eyes.

I shrugged, "because." I simply answered, then directed my eyes towards the screen. "I thought you were tired of Shrek." I commented, slightly chuckling.

She beamed, "RJ isn't as obsessed, so I've been working on my relationship with the ogre." She joked, making us laugh a bit.

We then stayed silent, actually watching the movie, when my ringtone began playing all of sudden.

*''When a rich nigga want you (want you baby)''*

She snorted, "is it really your ringtone ? You must be fucking kidding me." She mumbled the last sentence, folding her arms.

I rolled my eyes sighing and answered. I wish I looked at the caller ID before doing so though, "wassup ? "

"Richard, where are you at ? " Fanny asked, sounding panicked.

"Fae, are you okay ? " I could see Tinashe digging a hole in my head with her eyes. If eyes could kill, I would be dead by now. Just when we finally got to relax and now we were about to argue again.