And If...You listen to me ?

•Chapter 20.
_________________

TINASHE'S POV:

Your father, kept repeating in my head as my frown was deepening within the seconds. I couldn't help but wonder if I was hallucinating. It couldn't be true. My father would never done that to me. I refused to believe this. His accusations couldn't be true. He couldn't be serious.

Actually, I didn't know what to think right now. On one hand, I didn't think it was that crazy because my father showed a few times how manipulative and controlling he could be. He'd been treating me like shit since I first started my relationship with Richard, and his anger never calmed down. And recently he called Tam out of her name only because she got a boyfriend, which was not a reason to disrespect his own daughter so badly.

So maybe he was telling me the truth.

On the other hand though, Richard was the same person who betrayed me six years ago, after promising me for so many years that he would never hurt me. I didn't know who he was since then, to be honest. I lost my best friend and partner this day, and things had just never been the same since then.

So, why would I believe him ?

I was so lost as more thoughts were rushing in my mind, confusing me more and more. I could feel a headache coming. It was too much. I couldn't hear more and I frankly didn't want to hear more. Too much happened for one night. It actually seemed like I went through three days of pure disaster. I needed a break from everything and mainly from him.

I backed away from him, wiping my face. I couldn't get his words out of my mind. It felt like my thoughts had a mind on their own and decided to be permanent in my head as long as I couldn't make sens out of what Richard just told me.

It was your father. No, it couldn't be possible. My father made him break up with me ?

It wasn't that insane since he hated Richard and he always made sure to let everybody know. He also kept telling me that I made the biggest mistake in my existence by letting Richard in my life for so long. He even wanted me to keep RJ away from his father.

But why was he telling me this only now ?

My father and Richard had never liked each other. There'd always been this weird rivalry between them, it wasn't a secret. My father wanted me to stay away from Richard, while Rich told me a few times to stay away from my father. Well his only problem was to have someone all up in our personal business. Other than that, he wasn't really mentioning my father that much.

Actually, Richard didn't like my father and wasn't afraid to let it be known if people were asking him, but he wasn't talking as much shit as my father was about him.

I looked up into his eyes, to see if he was lying. His glance wasn't avoiding mine one bit. The more I was staring, the more I knew that he was honest.

I cleared my throat, "can you leave, please ? " I managed to say, even though I couldn't feel my lips. It was so weird. I was numb by his confession as I was still trying to function.

I felt like I was about to faint at any given moment.

He furrowed his eyebrows, "what ? Tinashe, did you hear what I just said ? "

"Yes, I did and it's too much to take in. It was a very long night, I need to rest for a few hours. We can continue this conversation tomorrow. Please, just leave."

He sighed, "okay...call me when you wake up." He said, not insisting and doing what I asked him to do.

"I will. Good night."